Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Great Week in Blog Land!

What a great week for me in blog land! This week I finally had the courage to launch my blog and then I joined the Bloggers Block of the Month Quilt Along,  a really neat concept organized by Jackie of Canton Village Quilt Works.  I returned from a weekend conference on Sunday and by that night I had completed my first block and even learned how to post it on the Flickr BBOM site!  The club is growing every day so you'll have to check it out! Thanks Jackie for getting the ball rolling!

The September block was designed by Sherri at A Quilting Life.  She was so very creative with the fabrics from the Kasse Fasset Collection and put together a fantastic block and tutorial.  She also continues to amaze me with her ongoing projects and tutorials.  Not having any of those Kasse fabrics on hand, I went to my stash of  some really neat fabrics I picked up this summer when visiting Bar Harbor.  Have a peek:

Yes, the fabrics are a little outside of my comfort zone, so I toned it down with a neutral  background.  I'll incorporate some of the greens and even those fancy polka dots down the road!

Here is my finished block.  (Sure hope it's the camera that is making it look crooked!)


I also joined Lesley's Sew Happy Christmas Sewalong .  For 8 weeks, she will share a Christmas themed embroidery project...by Christmas it will be finished...unless a person procrastinates!  My first "Ho! Ho! Ho!" should be finished in time for the next installment on Friday.  Thanks so much, Lesley, for coming up with this idea!

I love the sharing that goes on in this blog world!  Everyone is so generous!  Now, if I could only figure out how to put buttons on my blog so you could quickly connect to these neat places!  Thanks to Lesley's help, I'm trying to figure it out.  Stay tuned!

Cheers!

Lesley



1 comment:

  1. Hey Lesley, I really like your block. You did a great job on picking your fabrics. I just joined the flickr group too!! I can help you with buttons too, if you have any questions please ask. Hugs-- Sandie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!