Saturday, October 29, 2011

I Am A Lucky Lady!

I am a winner! I won a prize on Wednesday!  How?  Why?  I am an avid participant in the Fat Quarter Stars Quiltalong, hosted by Konda.  The block instructions are posted every second Tuesday, so on that day  I raced home from work, inhaled supper, and then raced to the sewing machine.  Within about an hour, I had sewn the "Friendly Winds" block together, designed by Mary Lou Casada, was really pleased with it, and had it posted on the group Flickr page.  Now, Konda is so generous, that she does a prize draw every two weeks and all you have to do to qualify is post a picture of your finished block on her Flickr page. So I did and here it is.

It was so much fun to put together.  The finished size is 12.5 inches.
You know how you read that "winners will be contacted by email" but you really don't expect to ever get an email like that?  Well, sure enough, Konda sent an email to my Flickr account that night to say I was a winner and the next morning she posted pictures of the winning blocks on her blog so please have a peek.  So my block has been "published" for all to see.  How cool is that?  Ok, I know some of you may be saying "get a life", but this quilt blog community is so much fun to be a part of!

So now I am the proud winner of one of Konda's quilt books!  I sure hope I get a signed copy, Konda!  And of course this  means that I will be starting a new "Konda" project as soon as it arrives!  I will start checking the mail immediately. 

Ok, I should probably mention here that it was a random draw.  And I was one of three lucky winners. Thank you, Konda, you made three people very happy that day!

And it continued to be a fun-filled quilting week.  I also take part in the Blogger's BOM. The instructions also arrived Tuesday, so on Wednesday, I raced home from work, inhaled my supper, and raced to my sewing machine.  Do you see a pattern here?  And like the other block, it was posted on Flickr in about an hour.  I definitely left my comfort zone for this block, but I love the bright, bold fabrics and I promise I will coordinate it with the rest of the blocks in this quilt. The background fabric is actually off-white, but I find it  looks slightly pink(?) in the photograph. 


The block is 8,5 inches and was designed by  the very talented Vicki Welsh who probably wouldn't have chosen colors like I did!

So, the whole weekend looms ahead.  Time for sewing, quilting, embroidery, and attending a couple of  annual craft shows only five minutes away.  Life is good.  Thanks for dropping by!

Cheers and Hugs,

Lesley

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I won her book on the first drawing! Your block is beautiful, I have posted mine but I've still got to get my block done for the Blogger's BOM. Hope you have fun at the crafts shows, haven't been to one in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block looks great. Love the colours.
    Congratulations on the win. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on winning, that's great. I love your blocks and am looking forward to seeing the quilts they're going to be in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!