Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's My Birthday and I'll Quilt If I Want To!

Ok, I hope you sang along with me!  Not only is it my birthday (and I love birthdays almost as much as Christmas), it's also Thanksgiving weekend for we Canadians (yay for a long weekend!) and it's also a day that I plan to participate in the Christmas Quilt Along.   QuiltSue hosted last month, and today it is hosted by Cathi at Shakerwood Quilts.  Drop by and join the fun.  I joined a little too late in the game to do the project some of the others are working on;  instead I will share and enjoy the Christmas spirit and goodwill and spend the day sewing on my Christmas Schnibble.  You can never be too early for Christmas!

I am so spoiled...I awoke to a dozen red roses greeting me...I will pamper myself and be pampered for the whole day.  How great is that!

But before I go to my sewing room, just wanted to share my finished block 2 of the Christmas Sew Happy Sew Along.  Want to try it yourself? Click on the button to find out more and join the crew! ( If you have been reading my posts, you have probably noticed that I have been able to add some buttons, but I seem to have a problem with the size of the buttons.  They don't seem to be a standard size.  Any ideas on how to fix this? 

Here is the "Love and Kisses" block:


I downloaded the pattern for block 3 yesterday called "Dear Santa"...it is so cute!  Plan to get that started today as well!

I hope you all have as wonderful a day as I plan to!
Cheers!
Lesley

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you ...

    I finished block 2 of the SAL yesterday, and have block 3 printed out and ready to trace. In fact I might do that while I'm waiting for my cake/biscuit things to finish baking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Lesley! Sounds like you have wonderful plans!! Enjoy!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to YOOOUUUU!!! Happy Birthday to you !! I'm so glad (I might of helped) you get roses. :):):) Have a great day!! Hugs-- Sandie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!