Sunday, October 9, 2011

Quilting Blogland is Awesome!

Yesterday I had the bestest time! I participated in the Christmas Quiltalong, hosted by Cathi at Shakerwood Quilts and Quilt Sue.  It was a "large" day for me of sewing, cutting, quilting, and even doing some embroidery on Christmas projects.  I had my laptop on one table to keep in touch with my blogging friends, the sewing machine whirring on the other, and whenever I wanted a change, I sat in the big armchair in front of the picture window and did some stitchery.

Today I couldn't resist signing up for the Fat Quarter Stars Quiltalong!  I'm a little late to the gate, but  it was well worth playing catch-up.  I had so much fun putting it together this afternoon while the Thanksgiving turkey was cooking! (Yes, I'm a Canadian!)  The BOM started on September 27 and every 2 weeks until March 27, 2012, another block will be posted.   Thanks so much to Konda at Moose on the Porch Quilts for bringing us all together for this one. I decided to use fabrics from my stash and had a lot of fun playing with my color choices.  The instructions were excellent and the block came together in no time.  Here is the first block:

 

I have tomorrow off due to the Thanksgiving holiday and what am I going to do?  I am going to try my best to make 3 quilties...what's a quiltie you ask?  Sandie knows! She's sponsoring a Quiltie Trade! Visit her blog or link with the button and get all the details for exchanging 3 quilties.  Yes, the deadline to get things in the mail is October 15, but hey, the quilties are only 4x6 inches each and that's a whole 6 days away!   So again, I'm late to the gate, but I'm going to fast forward and make that my priority for tomorrow.  Are you going to join me!

Cheers and Hugs!
Lesley

1 comment:

  1. GO LESLEY GO!!....GO LESLEY GO!!.. You can do it!! I have every bit of FAITH in YOU!!!! Hugs---Sandie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!