Thursday, October 6, 2011

Schnibble 2 in the Works!

Yup, I'm cutting, sewing, and making my next Schnibble quilt!  I made the Bennington quilt and am now in the process of quilting it, but I can't just have one project on the go, I need lots of projects on the go!  So, I have started my second schnibble quilt!  It's called Hot Cross and is in Carrie Nelson's book, Schnibbles Times Two. ( I just heard that her second book, Another Bite of Schnibbles, is now available in Canada, so I better get hopping and get that ordered!)

Every night after work I make a few more schnibble blocks...I have 16 done and only 9 more to go.  Of course I chose Christmas  fabrics for quilt number 2...did I mention I love Christmas!   The charm packs are Jovial by Basic Grey, Moda....some really neat combinations of polka dots, floral patterns, and a whole lot of christmas presents!  Have a peek at the blocks I've finished so far...can't wait to start putting them together!


I have the fabric just waiting for the borders, binding, and backing.  Don't you just love those polkadots!  I've avoided polkadots in quilts most of my life, and now I seek them out at fabric stores!  And they say an old dog can't learn new tricks!


Whew, so much excitement, now I have to leave the schnibble world and tackle my second embroideryblock in Christmas Sew Along...tomorrow block 3 will be posted, so I better get cracking!

Hope you're having a great day!
Lesley

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lesley,
    Love your Schnibble quilt...the fabric is wonderful and yes, I'm a sucker for dots too...could it be an age thing?? Going dotty?? Also love your header quilts!! Wonderful!!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Colors Lesley!! You are doing a super job/ Can't wait to see it finished. Hugs--Sandie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!