Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday!

What a great day!  I have far exceeded my expectations in the quilt world this week!  I met 3 of my quilting goals and it's only Wednesday!

First, I finished my 3 quilties for the trade and will ship them off tomorrow to the quiltie trade lady, aka Sandie.  I'm not going to show you the front of the quilties, because maybe you're in the trade and I don't want to ruin the surprise!   But I will show you the back! See the thimble at the top?  It gives you an idea of the size...tiny quilties!


Suffice to say that these three 4x6 inch quilties that I made are small in size but took a "large" amount of determination!  Check out Sandie's blog to see some of the quilties she's been making.  They are outstanding  and creative in every way.  Anyone who knows me knows I need to follow a pattern, so my little quilties were a little out of my element but were an awful lot of fun. Thanks Sandie...I'm definitely in for the next quiltie trade...I think you mentioned a Christmas theme for the next one? And I love Christmas!

Second biggie was finishing the second block of the Fat Quarter Star Quilt Along.  Last night I downloaded the instructions and started choosing fabrics and cutting. A new block is posted every second Tuesday so I love Tuesdays!  Tonight I finished the block.  This block is called Friendship Twist and I really appreciated how easy and quickly it came together.   Carrie did a great job in her instructions.  Here is my rendition of the block.  I seem to be having trouble showing true colors on the blog...in "real life" the block is more colorful, burgundy, green, and tan.  Here it is:


And my third accomplishment was finishing block 3 of the Sew Happy Sewalong.  "Dear Santa" was so much fun to do. And now only two more days till block 4!



Thanks to all of you who have found my blog and are now visiting on a regular basis and/or following.  You are awesome folks!  I'm still discovering new things in the blog land and I promise I'll share with you!  For example, if you aren't set up with your own blog or social networking accounts, you can enter your email right on on my blog page and anytime I do a new post, it will be emailed directly to you by the elves in computerland.  How cool is that?

Well, the rest of the week will be schnibbles, schnibbles, and more schnibbles! And did I mention the quilt on the frame?  Gotta love the life of a quilter!

Cheers and Hugs,

Lesley

3 comments:

  1. Yeah!! Lesley -- I'm so proud of you. You made a plan and you stuck with it. hmmm.. I'm not sure how to do that personally :0) But, I'm so glad you are happy with trading with me. I love sharing art with others. I look forward to getting your quilties. I will let you know when I get them. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you have been busy. I am impressed. At the speed you are working you will be done by Friday !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww you have been busy.

    You're ahead of me on the stitchery blocks. I haven't started that one yet, although I have at least got it ready to start. Life just really does get in the way sometimes, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!