Thursday, November 3, 2011

Blogger's Quilt Festival For One More Day!

There's always something to share in the quilt blog community.  Today I want to share one of my own favorite quilts, my entry into the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  Hosted by Amy, it's a festival that celebrates quilts ands quilting.  It started on October 28 and finishes tomorrow, November 4.  No judging at all, just lots of inspiration and sharing among this community.

How do I choose a favorite?  I really can't choose just one.  With over thirty years of quilting, all I can say is "I Love Them All!"  I think every quilt tells a story, and the most joy comes from making a quilt for a special person and thinking of that person with each and every stitch.  So those "special" quilts, the favorite quilts, are in special homes...homes of family members, friends, colleagues, and even people I haven't met who may be a recipient of a small project I made to support a charitable cause.

So...what do I share as my entry into the Blogger's Quilt Festival?  I share a quilt that is a favorite in my own home, a quilt that I just had to do because I loved the colors, I loved the size, I loved the pattern, and I loved the fact that it came in a kit from a local quilt shop so I didn't have to think too much!



The quilt is called "Golden Rule" and was made in 2004.  It is projects like this quilt that keep me motivated and inspired...it's just so yummy, I could almost eat it!  I have always gravitated towards "scrappy" quilts, or "multi-fabric" quilts (a phrase coined a few years back, but now we're back to "scrappy"!) and this is a perfect example.

To see more entries, make sure you visit the Bloggers Quilt Festibval here to see the hundreds of gorgeous quilts.  And you don't even have to leave the house or pay an admission fee!

It's a great day for quilting!
Cheers and Hugs,
Lesley

7 comments:

  1. That quilt looks lovely, all warm and snuggly. Is it made from brushed cottons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe!! Yeah, sometimes kits are just marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love traditional quilts!

    Margaret
    msolomo1@maine.rr.com
    www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always drawn to the scrappy traditionals too. I can ooh and ahhh at all the styles, become obsessed temporarily with something different, but am always pulled back to my favourites. The Lady of the Lake block quilt is one that has been on my own wanna-do list for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and I love the fact that it is man appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is lovely. Where would the world be without the traditional, scrappy quilts? :)

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!