Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Christmas Elf Arrived Early

I had a visit from a Christmas elf today!  Although the elf wasn't actually in my home, this little elf was hidden away in a little corner in front of a computer screen far away and worked diligently on improving the look of my blog, and helped answer a few of my blogger questions.  The elf tidied up a few things to make it much prettier for my visitors and much more efficient. Thank you so much, Christmas elf--- you know who you are!.

A lot of good things happen in my life (ie Christmas elf).  This past week another good thing happened.  I received a huge package of  fat quarters, some patterns, threads, and a new ruler. Just like Christmas!  The fat quarters are so yummy, lots of colors and lots of variety, perfect to use in some upcoming projects.  I have a terrible habit of starting a quilted project and using only fabrics from my stash rather than using the new fabrics sitting in my cupboard.   I think the new ones are just too pretty to use!   Now, I am going to break my habit and find a really fun and exciting  project to make with some of these perfectly pink, gorgeous green, and sky-blue  fabrics!


But I might have to wait for a sunshiny day!  So on a cold dreary Fall day, what did I do?  I started a Christmas project called  "Boughs and Bows", a wall hanging pattern that's in the November-December issue of  McCall's Quilting magazine. The pattern of Christmas trees and Christmas presents called my name last month and said, "Come get me!".

And here are the fabrics I'll use. Aren't they just perfect?


The pattern calls for nine Christmas tree blocks and my goal is to finish them today. The first four are finished, five left to do.  Don't you love points that really are points?  All thanks to doing the blocks by paper piecing.  Haven't done this technique in awhile, but it's like riding a bike and comes back pretty easily.
 

By the way, I'm making lots of progress on the "Courageous Quilt".  Remember that "Mom, Me, and Sisters Three Reunion" ?  This was the quilt that I hadn't quite finished.  Well, I'm almost done...just putting on the binding tonight!

It's a great day for quilting.  Thanks for dropping by!
Cheers and Hugs,
Lesley

4 comments:

  1. Lots of great goodies and I love your Christmas tree blocks, this will be a neat quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...U..ARE a "lucky duck"...such great/fun things to play with.

    I really like your version of the McCall's quilt...I'm more in favor of your colors =)

    GREAT background on your blog...too!

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Bows and Boughs project! I'm fixing to start it in the next few days. I just love seeing that others are doing it too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a real cute quilt!! Have fun with the paper removal. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!