Sunday, November 13, 2011

Christmas Quiltalong a Good Thing!

Quilt Sue hosts a great gathering of like-minded ladies who love quilting and love Christmas!  When I discovered the Christmas Quilt Along, I knew it was for me!  I joined up only a few months ago, and on the second Saturday of each month, would work on my Christmas-related projects in my sewing corner, with my laptop beside me so I could follow along  with the QAL hosts and be inspired with their Christmas projects, Christmas music, and their Christmas baking...I could swear the house smelled like cinnamon on those days!

Most of the QAL folks are working on a specific quilt, Scatty Christmas Stars, but since I was a little late to start that project, I was welcomed into the fold to work on anything with a Christmas theme.

Today my time with the QAL was a little shorter than normal, but I love what I made!


Mr. Ho Ho Ho ( my pet name for this pattern) was created for the Sew Happy Christmas Sew Along hosted by Lesley Boost at Sew Happy Me.  I'm also participating in that project, having a wonderful time embroidering the seven Christmas-themed blocks.   I'm actually in the midst of doing the seventh and last block, but ran out of embroidery thread. So while I wait for the right color thread to arrive,  I decided to do this project with one of the blocks designed by Lesley.

I substituted Mr. Ho Ho Ho in a pattern from This and That (Snow Much Fun) and this was the result.  I embroidered Mr. Ho Ho Ho on taupe linen, though you can't really tell from the picture.  I'll sandwich it another day, do a little quilting, bind it, and then Mr. Ho Ho Ho will be ready for Christmas.  Can you tell I love Santa?

It's a great day for quilting,
Cheers and Hugs,
Lesley

PS  Another year of the Christmas Quiltalong will start in the New Year.  And I'm going to be a guest host for one of the QAL Saturdays.  How exciting is that?   Christmas all year long! Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Mr Ho Ho Ho is gorgeous like that.

    I'm looking forward to next year's QAL days already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little Santa is so cute! Just love him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!