Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just wanted to wish all my friends across the border a wonderful holiday weekend, filled with family, friends, and fabric.  Oops, you might not have time for the fabric part of it 'cause you'll be so busy entertaining or being entertained, so I'll do my part to play with fabric while you're celebrating!

In order to help you out, I played with  lots of fabric tonight and finished the fifth block in the Fat Quarter Star Quilt Along.  The guest host, Machelle, named her block Strawberry Star, but I think mine is a little more like a Plum Star!  The colors are much brighter than they appear here.



I've read that one of the the best ways to take a photograph of a quilt is outside.  Well, we had our first snow storm of the season today and there has to be almost two  feet of snow in the backyard.


At least three feet of snow now has to be shovelled off the back deck, so all photographs of quilts will have to be inside shots for now.   Just use your imagination and make the quilt any color you want!

I have a little blogger problem. Some of you may have my link on your sidebar but it may not be changing with the new posts.  Not sure how to correct this, but if you click on the old post, it should bring you to the newest one.

For those without a blog, just submit your email on this page and you'll receive new postings through email whenever they become available. To do this, scroll all the way to the bottom of this page and you'll see the email box. That seems to be working very well!

Thanks for visiting today, and a special welcome to my new followers. It's so much fun to share our excitement and passion  about quilting. And you know, "It's a great day for quilting!"

Cheers and Hugs,
Lesley

3 comments:

  1. I'm partial to the Ohio Star, having lived here almost 14 years now. I love the richness of your colors. Not looking forward to snow here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You received waaaay more snow than we did here in the Valley, Lesley.

    I just had a thought. I wonder what would happen if you deleted the post entirely where your blog seems to be stuck at?

    Think it's worth a try?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, you did receive a lot of snow....very pretty and looks as though you were nice and cozy inside!

    Love the Ohio Star block you made...one of my favorites.

    I am new to your blog and will visit you again, soon.

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!