Sunday, November 20, 2011

I Have My Very Own Quiltie!

You might remember that I decided to participate in the October Quiltie Trade hosted by Sandie.  It was a perfect project: make 3 quilties, each one 4 x 6 inches, with a theme of buttons and send to Sandie by October 15. 

I had a lot of fun "creating" my little quilties and sent them off.  Unfortunately, almost four weeks later, my quilties arrived back to me...thank goodness for my return address!  I had not included the house number in the address (sad face), and they were returned to me.  So I missed the opportunity to take part in the trade.  But being one who believes "better late than never", I repackaged and sent again to Sandie with the correct address this time and instructions for her to enjoy the "late" quilties or share them with her friends.

But Sandie, being the doll that she is, sensed my disappointment of missing the first trade and guess what arrived in the mail this week ?  A quiltie just for me created by friend Sandie.  I am a lucky girl!  And I love anything to do with the artwork of Mary Englebreit, so the greeting card was a bonus.  Thank you, Sandie!



Sandie is having another quiltie trade with a Christmas theme.  The deadline to get your quilties in the mail is December 15, so don't be late!  Find out more about the trade at Sandie's blog.   And guess what?  My Christmas quilties are in the mail as I write this.   I am not going to be late for the December trade!

And I continue to be a lucky girl!  I was notified by Pam Buda at Heartspun Quilts  that I was the winner of the Frontier Foundations Kit.   The kit is in the mail to me and I can't wait!  You can tell by my banner that many of my quilts use this color scheme and are more traditional. So this will be a great fit...maybe a new banner down the road?

Thanks so much, Pam.  The generosity of the quilt blogging community continues to amaze me!


Thanks to you all for coming by today.  It's a great day for quilting!
Cheers and Hugs!
Lesley

1 comment:

  1. Lesley-- You are such a sweetie!! It was my pleasure to send you a quiltie. I felt bad for you that they got lost. At least they came back. And now I have them. They are a treasure and a treat :):):) I will keep one for myself... then I will RAK two someones. (random acts of kindness) BIG hugs-- Sandie ps your Christmas quilties are wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!