Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas to All

With Christmas day less than a week away, it's time for me to change my focus from family, friends, and fabrics, to just family and friends! My sewing machine is now ready for a rest. It has done its duty and now will have plenty of time to  rejuvenate its engines and be ready for me to put the pedal to the medal in the new year.


By now you know how much I love Christmas, everything about it! I love the anticipation, the planning, and the spirit of the season. I love the visits from family and friends, love the phone calls to keep in touch with those that can't make it home, and particularly love all the hugs! (I am a hugger and proud of it!).   


The Christmas music is playing, the baking is being done, the gifts are being wrapped, and the visiting of family and friends has begun. 


And of course you know I love Santas! Years ago, even while still quilting, I was also a pretty busy tole painter. I would register for classes offered in the community and Woodworker Hubby would cut the shapes and make the furniture for me to paint. I tole painted trays, clocks, shelves, ornaments, cabinets and more. But my favorite items were always the Santas.  So I share some of them here with you.  






I think my computer will also take a rest for the next week or so.  So at this time, I wish you all the Merriest of Christmases and hope that you will enjoy the comfort of friends and family during this most precious of times.  


It's a great day for quilting!
Santa Hugs,
Lesley















5 comments:

  1. I love some of the Santas. When you have time, please could you tell me what tole is though? I've never heard of it.

    Meanwhile, Happy Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Lesley! Your painted Santa collection is quite fun indeed! I love Christmas also. A good part of Christmas Day is a whirlwind and some much passes by the working elves, that I mostly enjoy the anticipation and preperation in the weeks leading up to it because it's relaxing to me. Enjoy your year end break. I'll be watching for you in 2012.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Lesley , I am new to your blog , just saw that you won on the Painted Quilt and was checking to see who the lucky winner was ,congratulations. Your work is lovely and I will be back to visit again soon. Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who can resist a jolly Santa? Your painting is beautiful. You are very talented. I can't even paint a wall and get it right, so I really do admire your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting Love you tole painted Santas
    Have a very Merry Christmas
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!