Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Mini Mystery Sampler Reveal!

Don't you find that when you are busy, you decide to get busier?  When the 12 Days of Christmas Mini Mystery Sampler was first posted on Christmas Day by the Temecula Quilt Company, it looked very interesting, but I had lots of other projects that I was working on. But with each day's reveal of a new little block, my interest grew and grew, so that by day six, I was hooked.  I played catch-up pretty quickly since, after all, they are pretty small blocks. 


Every day I would await the newest mystery block.  It didn't take long to see the mystery pattern unfold.  Day one had one piece, day two had two pieces, and so on. The last block was revealed a few days ago and by late last night, my sampler was pieced, sandwiched, and ready to quilt. I did make a few small changes to the sashing and borders and my finished quilt measures 19" x 22".  It was so much fun to do, I may just have to make a few more.



"Easy Spinning Star", the newest block in the Fat Quarter Stars Quilt Along, was also a lot of fun to put together.  This block's designer, Colleen Lunt, used a very creative method to "show" us how to assemble the blocks. It was like putting together a puzzle, but having someone show you where each piece would go!


It's January and I couldn't wait to start Another Year of Schnibbles, a quilt a month sponsored by hosts Sherri at A Quilting Life, and Sinta at The Pink Pincushion.   When I first started reading blogs last summer, I kept hearing about Schnibble quilts...the word itself is just so much fun to say!   Then when I read up on Carrie Nelson's Schnibble quilts, I fell in love with the little quilts, purchased two of Carrie's books, "Schnibbles Times Two" and "Another Bite of Schnibbles", and I was ready to roll!


I put together  two little quilts using Christmas fabrics "last year", and this weekend am working on the January "Full House"  pattern.  These little houses may become addictive!  I'm using Grand Finale charm packs designed by Sandy Gervais with lots of teals, greens, and oranges. It sure is fun to make these bright little houses!




Just a quick "thanks to you all" for following me to my new site!  If you are a former follower, remember that you will have to register again on this site as a new follower.  Welcome to all new and former followers!


It's a dark dreary day in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, but it sure is sunny in my sewing corner!


It's a great day for quilting!





6 comments:

  1. Lesley , I love the little sampler mini , I haven't started it yet but after seeing them I really want to do this and now seeing it in a different color is wonderful. The spinning star is a great block , looks complicated . Love the houses , I have one of Carrie's books but have yet to make a project from it :-( Enjoy your day in the sewing room ,dreary here too.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Lesley, your new blog is updating with your new posts! You really are jumping into sewing right out of the new year gate! Good for you! Cute sampler quilt and those Schnibble houses...what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When did you have time to sleep, Lesley?

    I just love your choice of fabrics both for the 12 Days mini and Full House. Both are totally different from one another yet suit each project perfectly.

    Your sewing machine must be smoking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess what? You turned up in my blog reader today! Hooray!! It's working.
    Great to see the 12 Days blocks completed and together. That has turned into a lovely little quilt.
    And I do love the star and houses, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little houses are cute. Now I'm off to have a look at the books you mention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy! Love your little houses, your mystery sampler and of course your block!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!