Monday, February 20, 2012

Little Wallets

In a past post, I showed you a little gift card wallet from a kit I had purchased from Quilt Taffy. It was just too cute so I decided to make more. The little wallets are a perfect size for credit cards, paper money, and especially the gift cards that you can purchase from well-known coffee shops.  


My plan was to make a whole bunch of these little wallets to use as parting gifts for my colleagues at work. I'm on vacation time now and officially retired as of March 8. This will give me much more time for sewing and quilting!


I wanted to use coffee-themed fabric for the little wallets so I scoured some online fabric shops and my LQS (local quilt shop) and found some great fabrics adorned with coffee beans, "coffee" words, and even some fabric printed with those old-fashioned coffee percolators! Here is how things went. 


My first batch of browns/beiges:




I added them to my batik blues and Ta Da! I now have 13 little wallets.




An inside look:



And a closer look:


  
See my new labels? Thanks so much to Kaaren at The Painted Quilt for sharing her label source. I bought two kinds of twill labels from the Mommie Made It Etsy shop. The picture above shows my love and hugs labels, and the picture below shows the label that includes my blog site.




Hope you are now inspired to make lots of little gifts.  Thanks so much for coming by and I hope you get to your sewing room soon. It's another great day for quilting! 


12 comments:

  1. They are great, and I love your labels too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a thoughtful idea. They look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great little parting gifts, Lesley! Happy Retirement! (Trouble commenting and now dealing with word verification)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I think you have a new career! Congrats on your retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those little wallets - they are adorable! I really like your labels, too. I think I need to go and check that out for my projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I have made these too and love how fast they go together. :-) Your labels are wonderful! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cute! Love the fabrics you picked and your co-workers will just love them. Vacation and then retirement! How exciting for you! Look out fabric stores Lesley is on her way!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok I just love those wallets and your new labels are just toooooo adorable!
    I love the name of your blog
    kathie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your retirement! I love your wallets and the fabric labels are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so adorable! Congrats on retiring, oh man I can't wait until I hit that day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for linking Lesley! Great colors/fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute little wallets!! Love your labels, too!!! Enjoy every moment of retirement...it is so much fun!!!
    ~Terry~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!