Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Very Blue Finish

Yesterday I put the final stitch in my Delft China tumbler quilt. It's a small quilt, 33" x 35", but the layers and the quilting make it so cozy. It's not quite big enough for a cuddle quilt, but could certainly keep my knees warm on a cold morning! 


I recently won a charm pack from Quilt Taffy.  The sisters, Corrie and Des, have a wonderful blog, a great place to visit for ideas and inspiration. They also have a weekly Thursday giveaway which I was fortunate to win. Their Etsy shop is filled to the rafters with a wonderful assortment of fabric treasures, patterns, kits and quilts.

The charm pack is called "A Walk in the Woods" by Aneela Hoey for Moda. It's a collection of pinks, aquas, reds, and greys, perfect colors to chase away these gloomy winter days!  


When the gals notified me that I had won, I decided it would be much more beneficial to me (chuckle) if I added a few things to the order. So my little win, thanks to Corrie and Des, became a little bigger, thanks to me!

I'm planning to try my new Lil Twister ruler with the charm packs.  I've seen several tutorials by quilters in blogland that are sure to be of help, including  Corrie's at Quilt Taffy, Connie's at Quilting By The River, and Paulette's at Sweet P Quilting and Creations.  All these ladies have made gorgeous creations using the Lil Twister ruler.  

When I'm ready to start, I'll be sure to share my progress with you!    

Have you seen the free Block of the Month over at The Raspberry Rabbits? Michelle puts out a new block on the 15th of every month...a little wool applique, fabrics, and bunnies...what's not to love?  I also fell in love with a pattern she created called Little Houses No. 1. You can see it here. It has a little bit of everything I like, including embroidery, quilting, houses and hearts.  And a bonus is that the pattern arrived wrapped like a present with a lollypop attached. I love presents! Thanks Michelle and the Bunnies!

And thanks to you for coming by. It's a great day for quilting!

8 comments:

  1. Lesley, your Delft China Tumbler quilt is beautiful, just beautiful!

    I've seen quilts done with the Lil Twister, please post yours when you get it done. I'm still on the fence (with many UFOs to finish), so it will be a while before I'm ready to tackle that project. They look so fun, but they look like you have to be VERY organized to do it.

    Have a great day. It's my wedding anniversary today, but I think I'm going to work on some wonky trees today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun grouping of fabric! I, too, have looked longingly at the twister project, but can't start one yet! LOL
    I hope that I do not offend you, or that you would prefer to have an "award-free" blog, but I sincerely value your blog and enjoy it very much. I have nominated you for the "Versatile Blogger" award over at Lilypadquilting(dot)blogspot(dot)com. Thanks for being an inspiring part of my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable Quilt! I LOVE BLUE :) How did you know it was my favorite. I have the Lil Twister too and look forward to trying it.. will have to see what you make with yours :) Hugs and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little cuddle quilt is quite pretty. I love a good tumbler quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I went to check out the little houses....they are just to cute..I might have to buy one myself!! Thanks for sharing...Your blue quilt is just delightful, you did a wonderful job!! Many hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your finish is just wonderful. Love the fabrics, I had the little twister, sent it to my niece and it got lost in the mail....have fun with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blue quilt!! and the fabrics from Quilt Taffy, oh so yummy!! I cannot wait to see what becomes of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tumbler quilt. It looks so good in the blues. You have inspired me to move along with mine! Thank you.
    Yummy fabric purchases. Of course you had to add to the win. You couldn't have one little charm pack sitting there all alone! :)
    I agree that there are lots of lovely things happening over at Raspberry Rabbits. I bought the Berries and Trees pattern just recently. You have excellent taste in patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!