Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday is Thimbleberries Sew Day

Happy Day! We have an extra day in February, thanks to Leap Year.  And today is even more special because it's the last Wednesday of the month so it's Thimbleberries Sew Day.  Visit Bejeweledquilts by Barb by clicking here and scroll down her sidebar to see who else is participating. Why not join us?  All you have to do is sew today at your leisure on a Thimbleberries project of your choosing. If you want to register so we'll know who is sewing today, just contact Barb at her blog.


I found another Thimbleberries project in the house that I made years ago. It's a small table runner I adapted from a wall hanging pattern called "Home for the Holidays".  It's showing its wear, but I still love it! 




I started my new Thimbleberries project last month. I chose the Flying Geese Charm Quilt from Lynette Jensen's free patterns listed on her Thimbleberries  web site.  


I printed the pattern off and started looking through my stash for some fabrics.  The quilt is nice and tiny, 31"x39", so only needs some charm squares and a few coordinating fabrics. I found a charm pack in my stash to use and started cutting squares and rectangles.  The multi-colored fabric is primarily floral in greys, tans, roses, and some black.  


Lynette's directions are excellent so in no time at all, I had completed the first 6 of the forty flying geese I need.


Today, I'll continue sewing the geese. If I finish them today, I'll choose the fabric for the binding and borders. I guess I should call them Canada Geese?


So you know what I'll be doing. What should you be doing?  If you haven't already entered my GIVEAWAY for a little Schnibbles quilt top, backing, and binding, then please do it quickly!  The deadline is tomorrow, Thursday, March 1 at midnight Atlantic Standard Time. To enter, you must go to my last blog dated February 26 by clicking HERE and leave a comment on that post. You'll see a picture of the quilt top and you'll get all the info you need. One comment per person please. Good luck!  


I'm off to my sewing corner.  It's a great day for quilting!





6 comments:

  1. Your looking busy! Those geese look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your flying geese and your wall hanging is just adroable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little tablerunner is so cute. I don't think I ever saw that one. Your geese are great. I used to hate doing Flying Geese but they aren't so bad anymore. I might have to try this one out soon. I love the fabrics you're using...Canada Goose sounds good! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little Canada geese are going to be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the patterns created by flying geese and I love the idea of a little quilt. Maybe that's what I need to do next. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little tablerunner! Love the houses and trees! Your new project looks fun and great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!