A huge "Thank You" to Snoodles of Lily Pad Quilting for choosing me and my little blog as one of 15 blogs that was honored on her blog of February 8. I am so very humbled by her recognition. My apologies for not sharing my award 'till now, but I was a little busy golfing! Or was it shopping?
When you receive this recognition, there are some rules to follow:
1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Mention seven random things about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Award to15 bloggers.
6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment.
As you have probably figured out by now, this blog world has been a wonderful experience for me. Since I published my first post of The Cuddle Quilter in October, I have been overwhelmed with the support, enthusiasm, and sharing of resources for which this blog community is known.
I have found people just like me in every corner of the world who share my love of quilting, piecing, and all things related, like applique, paper-piecing, working with wool, stitcheries, and even quilties! I have also come to realize that many blog friends are the real deal and I thank you for embracing me as a newbie!
Now back to the award. Rule #3 says to share seven random things. Here goes:
1. I am the third of four girls in our family and grew up in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada.
2. I graduated with a degree in Physical Education from St. Francis Xavier University in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, also where I met my wonderful Woodworker Hubby. We will celebrate 33 years of marriage this summer. We have two children, now young adults, who bring us joy each and every day.
3. I played varsity field hockey for one year in university and junior varsity for two years.
3. I will be officially retired as of March 8, with most of my work experience over the years literacy-related. In addition to Physical Education, I taught and substituted in the classroom, taught and coordinated adult literacy programs, and just finished up 11 years as a manager at a regional library.
4. I love books and fabrics. Just as I love to open a new book, I love to unfold a piece of fabric. Just as I love reading a page-turner, I love being in my sewing corner cutting, sewing, piecing, and just handling quilting fabrics, like these blues. I'm going to combine some shades of reds on white backgrounds for my next Schnibbles quilt called I.S.T.H.
Who is my favorite author? Jodi Picoult. There is always a surprise in her books and she deals with issues that are very timely. She has a new book coming out that I can't wait to read!
5. I love chocolate chip cookies. But they have to be home-made, fairly soft, with lots of chocolate chips!
I also love Christmas. You'll see what I mean if you keep reading.
6. I follow rules. I like structure. I can't lie. I don't cheat. Ok, someone out there who knows me is probably saying, "Wait now...that's not true", but generally, this is me and how I try to live my life. This leads me to #7.
7. I said I always follow the rules. Oh, oh. I am supposed to list 15 blogs that I like. But I'm a rule follower! I can not tell a lie.
There are so many more than 15 blogs that I adore! Every day, I choose a few more to follow. Every day I bookmark a few more pages, a few more patterns, a few more quilts. Every day I add something to my to-do list. So I just can't make the list.
So what do I do? Well, because I follow the rules, and because I can't follow the rules, I won't add the The Versatile Blogger award button on my sidebar. But I will enjoy the knowledge that Miss Snoodles thought of me!
So my sincere thanks again to you, Miss Snoodles for honoring me. You are a sweetie and I hope you'll have lots of visitors checking you out at Lilypad Quilting. And another thank you to all my fellow bloggers for making this such a generous community of which to be involved.
If you've read this post, you deserve a medal, or at least a chance to win a giveaway! This will be my first giveaway, in honor of my wonderful friends and followers and all those who drop by to see what I'm doing.
My giveaway is a little Schnibbles quilt top that I made before Christmas. The pattern is called Hot Cross by Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. and I used Jovial fabrics by Moda. In addition to receiving the quilt top, the winner will also receive enough coordinating fabric for the binding and backing. Just think...if you are the winner, you have almost ten months to quilt it before Christmas for yourself or a friend. And I know there are so many out there who would machine quilt it in a mad minute. This could be yours! Here is a picture of the quilt top. It measures 31" x 31".
You can see how I started the quilt by clicking HERE. For a chance to win, leave a comment on this post by midnight Atlantic Standard Time on Thursday, March 1. That's it. One comment per person for a chance to win. If you are not a blogger, you can still qualify to win. Just send a comment to me by email to email@example.com by the March 1 deadline with the subject line "Giveaway".
Before I go I have to give a huge heartfelt hug to Madame Samm at Sew I Quilt for helping me and so many others learn how to turn off the word verification program. Check out her blog for the directions.You can now leave a comment pain-free. Those letters were getting smaller every day.
That's it. Thanks so much for coming by. It's a great day for quilting!