Friday, March 16, 2012

I'm So Totally Happy

Congratulations to Teri for suggesting the perfect name for my Schnibbles I.S.T.H. quilt top.  Here is my "I'm So Totally Happy " quilt.
So many wonderful and creative names were suggested! All of them made me pause and wonder, but when Teri's title came across my computer screen, I knew this was the one. Why? Because those close to me know that I am always running around the house saying "I am so happy", day in, day out.  I usually add the words, "I can't wipe the smile off my face" too. 


I am in such a happy place right now. I have recently retired and am using my newfound time to embrace quilting and blogging, am making new friends in blogland, while having the time to reconnect with friends in my community. My family are so happy that I am happy!  


When I finish the quilting and hang the quilt in a special place, it will remind me of this special month of retirement, reconnection, and rejuvenation. Mmm, maybe a title for my next quilt, "the Three R's"? 


I emailed Teri for her address and will be sending her off a little pincushion and perhaps a few little surprises. 
Thanks so much to Kaaren at The Painted Quilt for suggesting her readers drop by my blog to help name the quilt. I had over 450 people come by to look at my Parade of One page, all thanks to Kaaren's kind words and generosity.  Kaaren is a doll, my own little mentor to my silly quilting questions, and such a very special person that I have met in blog land. Thank you, Kaaren.


I am so totally happy! 


It's a great day for quilting!


12 comments:

  1. That's a great name! So glad you are finding life incredible and happy. I'm smiling with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fab name for a special quilt! Well done, Teri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect name for a perfect quilt !Congrats to the Terri , she came up with a great name .

    ReplyDelete
  5. great quilt and great name you should start a blog quilt guild of optimistic people and you could be president!!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Teri! Well done!

    ...and Happy Retirement, Lesley. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The name is perfect! The quilt is wonderful and the pincushion is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect name for your quilt Lesley! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new quilt!! Great job Sweets!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt make me happy just looking at it. So I think that's a great name for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I was following you before - but I guess I wasn't. I am now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on being retired and having more time to quilt. Enjoy your days relaxing - now there will always be time to quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!