Thursday, March 15, 2012

Let's Get 'Em Done!

Today I'm joining Sandie's once a month Linky Party.  She calls it the "Let's Get 'Em Done Linky Party" and it's a perfect way for me to set a little goal to finish a project today.You know I'm working on many projects, but I'm just promising to finish one today!Click on the purple spool on the sidebar and you'll travel right to her site where she'll tell you more about it.


Sandie and I go waaaaay back in my short but wonderful blog land experience. She was the very first person to leave a comment on my blog in October and immediately became a follower. What a gal! Her blog Sandra Kaye Designs allows her to share her passion of art and quilting with the rest of us. She has such a creative soul with enthusiasm and expertise that boggles my mind!  Please drop in for a visit and tell her Lesley sent you!


My goal for today is to put the binding on my Mourning Crosses quilt that I made in January as the first of Kathleen Tracy's Small Quilt a Month project at A Sentimental Life.


I finished the hand quilting earlier this week.




Today I'm at my machine, sewing the binding on, and tonight I plan to do the hand sewing.




Before I go, thanks to everyone for suggesting names for my I.S.T.H.Schnibbles quilt from a previous posting here. I received some great suggestions and will announce the new name for my quilt sometime tomorrow!


It's a great day for quilting!

8 comments:

  1. You are such a peach!!! I love the quilt you are binding!! Just beautamiss!!! (my new word) I know you will get your binding done...but you know you have a month to get it finished...so DON"T stress if you don't get it done today!!!! Big Hugs Sweets-- Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must check out Sandra's blog , have never been there that I remember and always love to find great blogs to visit. Your little quilt is adorable I am sure you will have that completed by days end:-) Oh I was at Lucy's today and Mary said to say hello .

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve the little quilt!!! is it a nine patch set in a square or is it a row of squares with 2 short rows or squares with setting triangles?
    ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty quilt! The border fabric really gives makes it special. I love doing the binding, both because I enjoy actually doing the work and because it means the quilt is almost FINISHED!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Lesley. You're going to have to ask your woodwooker husband to make you an armoire to display your small quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lesley,
    So excited to be a part of Sandra's Get Em Done group.
    Looks like you have a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep that machine humming for lots more finishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lesley, I'm hoping to have a plan and post ready to join the linky party tomorrow. I think this will really help me focus on my UFO's...I have a zillion and am excited to join Sandy's 'Get Em Done' party...(o:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!