Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lots of Finishes

What a wonderful month of quilting and sewing it has been. I have a few projects that are finished, so I want to share them with you.  Hope you enjoy my little show and tell.


1) Take a Heart! 
This is the small quilt, Broken Dishes, that was designed by Kathleen Tracey of A Sentimental Quilter.




I had almost as much fun with the back, making a label with matching fabric, and also adding "The Cuddle Quilter" tag on the side.




I decided to donate this small quilt to a silent auction that was being held as a fundraiser in the community. However, the quilt just seemed too tiny by itself so I made a little bag for it.




Every month, Kathleen reveals the next quilt we'll be making in the 2012 Small Quilt Along.  She revealed recently that the March quilt will be her Civil War Baskets.  This quilt is in her book, "Remembering Adelia". The quilt is just too cute! 


2) The Canton Village Quilt Works Bloggers Block of the Month. 
This month the block was designed by Amy at Diary of a Quilter. Yes, this is the BOM that I'm making with my wild and crazy fabrics. Love this block!



I have six blocks made so far. Should I paint my walls lime green to match?

3.  Block 11 and Block 12 of the Fat Quarter Stars Quilt Along.
Hosted by Konda at Moose on the Porch Quilts, this quiltalong has been so great. We received instructions for a new block every two weeks, so there was always time to get it done before the next one.  Block 11 was designed by Nancy Miller at Life Takes a Turn. I adore this block and think a quilt using just this block would be stunning.



While I was laying out the pieces to sew, I made a mistake in the placement, but took a picture to show you another possibility. Gee, have I just become a designer?  Nope...


Block 12 was designed by our wonderful hostess, Konda.  She has been terrific, introducing us to some wonderful quilt block designers, sharing words of praise and displaying an astounding generosity with her prizes and her time! She calls her block "Faceted Friendship"...gotta love this one!


So now I have all the blocks completed, but I am tempted to make a few more blocks to enlarge the quilt. Stay tuned!

4.  Last but not least, my newest favorite little quilt, Frontier Foundations, designed by Pam Buda at Heartspun Quilts.  It is quilted and hanging in a special place.


Ok, I will admit I didn't leave it in the snow on the deck. I did bring it in and it really is hanging in a special place...in the kitchen. I just couldn't resist showing you more snow. Spring is on its way, right?


I'm looking forward to the week ahead with lots of projects. And of course, next Saturday is the second Saturday of the month and you know what that means?  The 2012 Christmas Quiltalong. This year we are making a Festive Mystery Quilt and it's not too late to join us as we create a Christmas quilt in our sewing rooms across the world. Check it out at Quilt Sue's Quilt Times and join us on Saturday, won't you?

Thanks so much for coming by and visiting today. It's a great day for quilting!

17 comments:

  1. WOW, Lesley, you have been a busy girl!! Love your quilts and I'll look into the Christmas Quiltalong.

    Where did you get your "Cuddle Quilter" tag? I'd love to have something like that made up.

    Can't wait to see more of your work! Keep on quilting, girl friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy bee! Wow.. Love your mini! It's adorable and that TAG is awesome! FUN FUN FUN! Take care and look forward to seein what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun things going on....you have certainly been very busy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to SEW! Your quilts and blocks are all wonderful. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a fun post!
    you have been busy, love the little quilt your donating!
    I LOVE the picture of the quilt in the snow. wish there was snow here ;)
    ok the quilt is wonderful, whose blue fabric is that it is wonderful, gives off such a great glow to the quilt and other repros....just my style!
    thanks for sharing
    keep sewing and inspiring!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is looking wonderful.You are very good at keeping up with all the projects for each month. I know I couldn't keep track.
    That's a gorgeous hanger you are using to display the lovely Frontier Foundations quilt. ( The snow looked good, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love your February quilt from Kathy's QAL. I haven't done mine yet and now she's gotten the March one out! Your fabrics you chose are very beautiful. I love how you put it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All beautiful work , you sure have a lot going on . Just love the mini in the snow , we woke up to afresh blanket this morning just when I thought spring had arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, have you been busy! Love the broken dishes, beautiful as is all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are working on some interesting projects, aren't you. The small heart quilt is lovely. I love all of the fabrics you're using.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sat awhile, I gasped a bit too... I saw all that you could do...
    I am sew impressed, I am in such awe...this is a day of ladida....lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful quilting Lesley! I really like the "new" block you designed! Great QAL blocks and I'm looking forward to seeing your Lime Green kitche LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Kathleen's blog Sentimental Quilter. I haven't been doing her quilt along but have had fun seeing what others are doing. Your broken dish quilt is just too pretty and the added bag is the perfect touch. All your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aurea Gillis
    As usual Lesley I love reading your blogs and am amazed at what you do in such a short time. You are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What sweet quilts you have posted on this page. I love your heart quilt with the embroidered heart in the center of the variable star. Your Frontier Foundations wall hanging is so wonderful too. You have a lot of projects going on at one time. I'm loving your Canton Village Works BOM made up with the wild and vibrant fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely work Lesley, love the Frontier Quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!