Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Schnibbles Quillow

Tuesday Update:  Don't Forget to visit Linky Party Tuesdays at Quilting by the River.


Every morning, I hand quilt in my big cozy chair in the living room while the sun comes up. And every morning, I was telling myself that I should pick up a comfortable pillow for my quilting chair.  So when the March Schnibble quilt, Bibelot, was announced, I put the pedal to the metal to craft myself a Schnibbles Quillow! 



I adapted Carrie Nelson's Bibelot pattern just a tiny bit. Do you see the little "L" in the bottom row? I was jealous (giggle, giggle) that Thelma of Cupcakes and Daisies was able to rename her Schnibbles quilt "T stands for Thelma" so I customized my little Quillow with my own little "L". I quilted it with navy perle cotton and kept the stitches large-on purpose! 


Have a peek at Thelma's T's here...the blocks are stunning! There will be a parade of Bibelot Schnibble quilts on the first of April at Sinta's Pink Pincushion and Sherri's A Quilting Life. That's also the day we find out the name of the April Schnibble pattern. See you at the parade.


I met a wonderful blog friend the other day! Sheila, who blogs at Sheila's Quilt World, is another Nova Scotian and over the last little while we have followed each other's blogs and become good blog friends! We have lots in common, including that passion for quilts and all things quilt-related that we quilt bloggers are known for! We only live about an hour away from each other so we decided to try to meet sometime. Yesterday we met in New Glasgow at Lucy's Fabric Shop, a wonderful little shop filled with fabrics, fat quarters, notions, kits, patterns, and lots of inspiration!  


And how wonderful it was to meet Sheila! She is just such a sweet person, as I knew she would be. Sheila is on the right and I'm the other one! We had some great chats about quilts and blogs and fabrics and hobbies and travelling and on and on and on. She is so very talented and her blog always inspires me. Please visit her here


After meeting Sheila, Woodworker Hubby and I went to see "The Hunger Games". Excellent movie and it kept us riveted in our seats the whole time. Definitely well worth seeing and I've already placed a hold on the second book of the series at the local library. 


Hope the start of your week is a great one, and remember, it's always a great day for quilting! 


19 comments:

  1. Love your quillow and oh boy, it is so fun to meet other quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quillow looks wonderful, Lesley! Back in the day a quillow was a quilt that folded up into a pillow...is that what yours is? Your next one can have all Ls on it! :-) It IS fun to meet people we chat with online. I met Carol (mamacjt) and Shirley (freidasew) from flickr. It almost feels like we're meeting famous people don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "L" quillow is just too cute Lesley! Love that pattern(and since "T" also stands for Terry....I just had to order it!!).

    How fun that you got to meet Sheila...and go quilt shopping!
    ~Terry~ :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your quillow - how ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lasley, how nice you were able to meet Sheila, love the Quillow and yes you should put your initial in, makes it "yours"
    Have a great week..Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesley...Sorry can't spell now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your pillow!! So cute!! We went to see Hungry Games today as well...it was good....alittle intense at times...but a good story!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pillow is adorable and of course I love the L!!!!!!
    very fun. this past weekend I started quilting every morning too...I have so much hand quilting I want to to its time to get back into that routine...
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your "L" pillow - that is so cute! I bet your special quilting spot is even more comfortable now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your are just too darned clever!! Mrs. "L". Hee!!! My son saw The Hunger Games over the weekend and says he wants to see it again...he advises we go see it but I wasn't sure. Now that you have this review I will seriously consider.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First I want to say it was a real pleasure to meet you , as I said it felt like I have known you all my life and I really enjoyed our little chat . What a clever idea to put your initial in the pillow , it is gorgeous!!I just got in the door from CB , not a nice drive for sure .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pillow! That is so neat that you got to meet Sheila! We're going to The Hunger Games tomorrow and I've read the series, great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How smart are you being able to turn it into an L pillow. I think it looks great! You can definitely match Thelma with that one!
    It was great that you were able to meet Sheila. Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your pillow, especially your "L"!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this pillow is to my liking to a T or is that a L for liking ...
    what a great design..and colors too

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh you are so very clever!!! I love the L quillow you made... it's really cute Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE your pillow, especially how you customized it with the "L". When I saw your picture, before I read your post, I thought, Oh my, Lesley's missing a piece, but now that I know the story I think it looks great! I love that "L" amongst all my "T"s!

    I've met a couple of blogging friends in person, It was so fun.

    I want to read the book before I see Hunger Games. Unfortunately the book has been on my nightstand since Christmas. Maybe I just need to go to the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your Libelot pillow. Yes, L-ibelot. If Thelma can re-name the quilt, so can you! :)

    I really do love the pillow ~ especially the "big stitch" quilting you did. It's a perfect addition. I'm thinking I just might have to "borrow" your pillow idea.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!