Sunday, April 29, 2012

I'm (Almost) Speechless

No words...just oohs and aahs from yesterday's Ocean Waves Quilt Society parade of quilts at the Annual General Meeting held in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Here is just a sampling of what we enjoyed.




























Some close ups...










And a few pics from afar...










A few smaller projects...








And just a few words...


Of course there was one Wonky House quilt top in the parade. I was at the podium so couldn't take a picture. For a picture and info click here. From the pics above, you can see that we tend to be a pretty traditional group of quilters, but always looking to try something new or incorporate the new with the old. I was thrilled to be introduced as  "our blogger" and able to tell folks about The Cuddle Quilter and the many projects in the quilt blog community.


I highlighted the Wonky House Block exchange and was even interviewed by CTV news as part of a segment about the Ocean Waves Quilting Society. The segment aired last night around 6:50 so I got home just in time to watch it. It was pretty exciting for me but I was a little nervous and there were a few mangled words...


A wonderful day yesterday, and another wonderful day today!  Thanks for coming by. Hope you enjoyed the show. It's a great day for quilting!

16 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the photo and sharing, love all the quilts, such talent and such patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the quilts are just lovely.glad you had a good day.
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Really nice quilts there. Thanks for sharing all those terrific photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, thanks so much for sharing, the quilts are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lesley..first the show with my coffee this morning was a nice visual enlightenment...lol
    and you were interview...how about that... and being nervous on the air...how could you not be....but YOU did it...I can think there is a future for you in broadcast lol....
    ps the one with the swirls...wow....would that be needle turn appliqué

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my I am speechless too , that is simply amazing , incredible line up of work and the colors , awesome .I wish I had watched the news last night now , I am sure you did well . I am amazed at the turn out , are all these ladies members of your guild? Thanks so much for sharing .
    hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous display of quilts. I love when bloggers share their quilt shows with us. There are some very talented ladies in the group.

    How cool that you were on t.v.! I would have been so nervous that I probably would have fallen off the stage! Not a public speaker at all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What variety! Love the applique one with the tree in the middle!

    Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a room full of fantastic quilts - and a lot of large quilts that look hand-quilted(?). The first just grabs me - black just makes a statement. And how cool that you were spotlighted and on TV!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much talent in one place--love it! That wonky house quilt is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a wonderful show, Lesley (AKA Ms. Blogger). How fun to be identified as the blogger of the group! Such a great variety of projects, every one special and enjoyable to see. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When you get famous don't forget the little people!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful parade of quilts.. great variety and talent in your group. How exciting to be interviewed about your Wonky Houses - nice that they recognise quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw you on the news last night with your Wonky Houses quilt!! You did such a good job - being interviewed and on your quilt!! I wasn't able to attend this year :(, but my friends had a great time. Love all your pics. ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. These parades are always amazing. Yes! It does leave you speechless. Such an amazing amount of inspiration.
    Congratulations on your starring TV role. Who knows what's next?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous quilts! I am always amazed how talented people are!
    Very exciting to be on the news.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!