Saturday, April 14, 2012

Post 2 of the Christmas Quiltalong April 14


How is everyone doing? This is the second post today of Quilt Sue's Christmas Quiltalong.  I am guest host Lesley, aka The Cuddle Quilter. Glad you dropped by!
   



Are you working on Part 3 of the Festive Mystery Quilt, or are you making something else Christmasy? Or just hoping to make a project in time for Christmas? Everyone is welcome here.The instructions for Parts 1, 2 and 3 can be found on the page tabs above.


Don't you find that Quilt Sue's instructions just make you want to sew, sew, sew? I hope by the end of the day you have Part 3 finished, or Part 1 started, or Part 2 ready...get my drift?  Love it all!

You are all so sweet to visit today, but do you know where you are? You are visiting me in a small town on the East coast of  Nova Scotia, Canada, on the island of Cape Breton. From my back door, on a clear day, when the leaves are not in bloom, I can see the Strait of Canso and the Canso Causeway which connects us to mainland Nova Scotia.  I've been paying close attention to the wonderful pictures that people have taken of the lovely flowers that are blooming in their gardens at this time of year.  I couldn't resist sharing with you my garden. And by the way, I took the picture yesterday and there was actually that white s*** in the air.




If you look really hard, you'll see a little greenery poking through the underbrush, giggle!  


I've had a pretty good sewing morning so far. I finally got to cut into my favorite fabrics and I also got to use my new gadget. I love gadgets, and my latest one is terrific for drawing diagonal lines on squares. It's the Fons and Porters Quarter Inch Seam Marker made by Omnigrid. (It goes without saying that I don't have sponsors. I just like anything that makes quilting or sewing easier and I love to share! )




I drew the lines, sewed on the lines, and then cut between the lines to give me squares. After I pressed the units, I put my squares together just like Quilt Sue said with opposite colors facing each other.




After I sewed along these lines, the next step will be an easy one.




I have a lot of squaring up to do!  I better get back to it.


I've been up so long, it's time to eat again! I'll munch on some fruit...yummy.  The only thing missing is chocolate.  Oh wait, there is a cherry blossom in the background...chuckle.






Don't forget about the Christmas Fabric Giveaway. To enter, leave a comment on my first post of the day (just before this one) that you can get to by clicking here. And don't forget to link up at the end of that post.


It's a great day for quilting!



7 comments:

  1. I need to take care of some errands before my playtime! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're going to eat Cherry Blossoms, eat the chocolate ones, not the fabric one! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Lesley, I love buying every new gadget too! I've had the Quarter Inch seam for a long time and it is great! Love your photos and I'm going to have to check out the Christmas QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just about done. I know, I was suppose to go slow. But I have to run a few in-town errands in a bit, then load up the crockpot, and maybe get the laundry going. Then I will play with my second project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm stuffing pin cushions :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! Your posts are great... I may have to do a little catch up on this one ;) Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back! I've never used the ruler thingy you showed, but it does look as though I need one in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!