Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bloggers Block of the Month

Another month, another block, and sometimes two! Hard to believe the Bloggers Block of the Month started 9 months ago. Hosted by Jackie at Canton Village Quiltworks, the quiltalong features a new design each month by a well known and respected quilter/designer. 

I had to do a tiny little catch-up this month and had great fun with April's Block 8 designed by Amy Lobsiger at Mrs. Schmenkman Quilts. 


This block came together so quickly that I jumped right into Block 9 designed by Cathy Underhill at Cabbage Quilts


With 9 blocks done, I can start to see the finish line. Only three more months and the top will be a finish!


Thanks so much to Jackie for hosting this quiltalong.  I was still pretty new to Blogland when I started and it has been a great adventure, and it's not too late to join in!  All the instructions for this free quiltalong can be accessed through Jackie's blog, and pictures of the blocks from around the world can be seen at the BBOM Flickr page here.  

If you want to see pictures of most of my projects, I have my own Flickr page which you can visit by clicking here or going to the link on my sidebar. When I take a peek myself, I realize how fortunate I am to be retired and have the time to play with fabrics!  

I sent away a little birthday package to Sister 4 last week. I purchased this kit from Sweetwater at their Etsy shop here. I didn't take a picture before I sent the package, but the little linen bags with the cute labels, beautiful lining, and covered buttons turned out just like these, thanks to Sweetwater's excellent instructions and wonderful fabric choices.  


Photo by Sweetwater
Their Etsy shop is just so much fun to browse and their service is superb.


Today is Thimbleberries Sew Day! However Wednesdays are now my Quilt Bee day at the local church so I may or may not get to my Thimbleberries project. Oh well...may sneak it in on another day!

It's a great day for quilting!



8 comments:

  1. Your sampler block quilt is going to be beautiful. I agree that joining in on qal's is fun and a great way to discover things about the quilting world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those blocks Lesley,I am going to have a look at Jackies blog.
    Love Laura.xx
    P.S. I too feel very lucky to be retired,not only can I do more sewing and crafts,I get to spend time with my soul mate,my gorgeous hubby Brian. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are looking great!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems such a strange collection of fabrics but they play together in a really fun way! I really like the look of this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love samplers, but rarely finish. I can't wait to see this one all together. Great color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your blocks Lesley , this is going to be a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are looking great Lesley!!! I love your color scheme :):) Have fun on your trip :):) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've certainly been busy, with blocks, bags, bees and who knows what else? Now I need to go visit that Sweetwater site.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!