Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bloggers Quilt Festival

What a wonderful idea Amy had at Amy's Creative Side!  She knew that this is the week of the Kansas City Quilt Market and that many of us in Blogland would wish we were there to see the quilts, meet designers, quilters, and authors, pet all those new fabrics, see the trends and patterns, and essentially immerse ourselves with anything quilt-related. So she came up with the idea of a Bloggers Quilt Festival that we could participate in from the comfort of our own homes and it wouldn't cost us a thing.  The Bloggers Quilt Festival opened yesterday and I'm going to enter a quilt. Read on...


From May 18- May 21, quilters from across the globe can enter a quilt in the festival, tell its story, and link their blog to Amy's Bloggers Quilt Festival.  From May 22-25 people can then nominate quilts in the categories that Amy will designate, and online voting will follow from May 26-30.  


Thanks to Amy's hard work, there are a lot of sponsors who have contributed prizes for award winners and for those who visit Amy's blog.  How wonderful is that?  Find out all the details at Amy's blog by clicking here and have a look at all the quilts that have been entered so far.  


Which quilt am I entering?  My "I'm So Totally Happy" quilt of course, because I am! 




This quilt was the February Schnibbles quilt called ISTH in the "Another Year of Schnibbles Quiltalong" that started in January, hosted by Sherri at A Quilting Life  and Sinta at Pink Pincushion.  Every month we make another Schnibbles quilt designed by Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. I love everything about Schnibbles...even saying the word Schnibbles!  


Many of you might remember that when  I finished the quilt top, I held a contest where I asked everyone to help me name my quilt.  I received a lot of wonderful suggestions but a comment made by Teri was the winner.  She suggested "I'm So Totally Happy" and I chose that name because it fit my quilt, it fit the initials ISTH, and because I really am so totally happy!  You can read all about my quilt top here.


I couldn't resist posting another picture of the quilt with the forsythia in bloom in the background. You can tell we're a little later getting summer here in Cape Breton! 


Do you see the marvelous machine quilting?




Mary from Quilt Hollow was sensational. She took my little quilt top and turned it into something spectacular just for me...can you tell I love this little quilt? She also provided me with the close-up picture. Make sure you visit her at her blog Quilt Hollow.  She has a wonderful blog, is a fantastic (and fast!) longarm quilter, and shares some gorgeous projects with us.


So that's it.  Make sure you drop by the Bloggers Quilt Festival and scroll down on that page to see all the quilts.  So far there are almost 400 entries and there are still 2 days to go 'till the deadline to enter. My quilt number is 376! 


It's a great day for quilting! 


19 comments:

  1. And it is just as beautiful the second time! :-) Love the outdoor photo! have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely re-visit of this spectacular Schnibbles mini quilt. Wonderful choice of fabrics and colors that mix with that quilting for a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little Schnibbles quilt. Carrie Nelson's books have such sweet designs. The one you made is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfect quilt to enter into the festival. It looks great and I do love the photo taken outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt! Schnibbles are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt looks fabulous!!! and beautiful quilting
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful. She did a gorgeous job on the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just so totally happy that you showed us this quilt again. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a gorgeous quilt - I'm not surprised you are so totally happy with it! The quilting on it is very lovely but you did a great job with it first of all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy happy anyone viewing your post would be.....great quilt ...never too busy to drop by...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty quilt!

    Check out my blog if you can...

    Margaret Gunn
    www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your quilt!! It's beautiful and the quilting really finished the quilt nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great quilt. Love the stars. And the pictures are fabulous. The quilting is wonderful!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful quilt Lesley and love the fabrics you choose. The quilting is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilt! Red, white and blue is a favorite combination of mine. The quilting is spectacular too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. j'aime beaucoup surtout la photo avec le forsythia qui contraste avec le rouge du quilt ,superbe

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is beautiful great choice to enter love the fabrics and great quilting!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!