Friday, May 11, 2012

Christmas Quiltalong Today

Update:  Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see my start to Part everything I did today!
****************************************************
Yay...the Quiltalong is today...now...in this moment!


Just a reminder that Quilt Sue's monthly Christmas Quiltalong is tomorrow today and I plan to be there and hope that you will be there too...it is never too late to join the party! 



Sharon at Vrooman's Quilts will be our wonderful host for the day, so visit her tomorrow today to see the big reveal of Part 4 of Quilt Sue's Festive Mystery quilt.  Sharon is such a talented and inspirational lady, she will have you sewing before your eyes are open! Parts 1-3 are listed at the top of my blog and with a click of the mouse, you can see what you have missed and easily catch up.
Part 4 has been added as well.


Here is a quick review of what I've done so far with my Festive Mystery quilt.

My fabrics:




My pieces:






My 4-patches:


My hourglasses: 




Won't you join the party?  There are always surprises and the day is always a lot of fun. You can sew along with the Festive Mystery, or choose a Christmas project of your own design. Get the details at Quilt Times and join us tomorrow today at Sharon's!


*****************************************************
Christmas Quiltalong Update 1: Saturday at 12:50 AST


Finally after a morning of errands, a fitness walk, lunch, and a finish to a UFO, I was able to get started on today's project!


Within a few minutes I had 20 finished units...only 80 to go!  I decided to follow Sharon's technique for making the HSTs and it seems like it has saved me some time.  Thanks, Sharon! 


Here is what I have so far, 10 using my greens, and 10 using my reds.  




Christmas Quiltalong Final Update:  Saturday at 5:35 pm AST.  
Ta da!  I'm finished my 100 HSTs.  Here is my Christmas platter all ready for the next step in June.




Thank you to our wonderful quilt designer, Quilt Sue...I love your instructions and how every month you give us just a step or two to take us towards the finish line. 


And to our wonderful host Sharon, you continue to amaze me with your prolific sewing skills and boundless energy...to do all this today with hardly any sleep is certainly a tribute to you and your passion for quilting. And aren't you an angel to add a bonus tutorial to make our own little angels! 


And to all the Quiltalongers, those with blogs and those who call for help using a real phone...giggle...thank you for sharing such a great day! 


See you all for Part 5 of the Festive Mystery Quilt on June 9, the second Saturday in June.


It's always a great day for quilting!

16 comments:

  1. Thank's for the reminder and shout out. I know it is Mother's Day weekend, so we may be a bit sparse. BUT, I'll be stitchin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I'm very tempted to start this.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing Christmas fabrics this time of year. Looks like fun! Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be watching your progress from the sidelines, Lesley...after I get home from plant shopping. *wink*

    I can tell just from your fabric choices and what you've pieced up to now that it's going to be a gorgeous quilt. I can't wait for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the summary of your Festive Mystery so far. It's interesting to see how your choices look in actual blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for keeping all of the instructions to date together in one place - so organised!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your units look great. I love the fabrics you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a wonderful Mother's Day weekend, so enjoy your day(s). And thank you for all your help this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're getting on really well, Lesley - don't the HSTs look fine?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lesley, I just love your fabric. Can't wait to see the quilt. I love the "argyle" picture. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pieced pieces are divine! I see a beautiful quilt in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love your fabrics! It's going to be a gorgeous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun! Your quilt is going to be gorgeous... all of those units are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the fabrics you choose and what you have done so far!!!!
    looks like your having fun too!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bright, crisp colors....great fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!