Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Another Day, Another Chance to Register for Think Christmas

The excitement continues to build around Madame Samm's Think Christmas, the Christmas-themed blog hop scheduled for July 30-August 3. I am so proud Madame Samm chose me to be the host...my inbox was busy with happy quilters all day yesterday and into the night!   If you missed Madame Samm's big reveal about the hop,you can read all about it here and here. How can you not be excited when you see this little guy that Madame Samm provided for inspiration?




If you haven't registered yet, here is the simplified version of what to do!


Think Christmas Blog Hop July 30-August 3

1) Email me to register at lcarruthers3@gmail.com. Deadline to register is Tuesday, June 26.


2) Make a quilt block(s), unfinished in 6.5, 10.5, or 12.5 inches.


3) Use Christmas colors of red, green, white. Accent colors allowed, for those who asked!


4) Use a Christmas theme (ie. Santa, snowmen, trees, ornaments). 


5) On your scheduled day of the blog hop (schedules will be sent out after registration closes), you will post on your blog the complete schedule of the blog hop, pictures of your block(s), and some lovely commentary to tell the rest of us all about it!  


6) You may do a tutorial if you choose.


7) You may have a giveaway, if you choose.


8) Post this glorious button on your sidebar to spread the word.  Instructions are here




There...that's it...easy peasy...so if you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?  My inbox is waiting!


Now, in between checking emails what have I been doing?  I've been checking the mail, and this is what arrived in the last few days, just in time to put me in the Christmas spirit!





This Christmas in Paris quilt kit arrived from the Quilt Kit Market.  The good news is that the price was wonderful, but the bad news is that the Market is going out of business. I had admired this kit from afar, so when the sale was announced, my fingers did the walking!


I also received the fabrics and bag that I won through a giveaway from Carolyn Forster at Quilting-on-the-Go. I see a modern cuddle quilt in my future!




My quilt friend, Barb, and I were talking the other day about traditional blocks.  She loves the 9-patch...


"My very favourite block in 6, 9, & 12inches is the Traditional 9-Patch. I like to call it The Nova Scotia 9-Patch.  It  was the quilt early settlers in NS  made of heavy cottons and wool- to help them weather the cold NS winters. Today we put the pattern in various positions to make a beautiful quilt."  




Thanks, Barb, from Cape Breton!  Here is just one of the items Barb and 13 others ( me included)  have for sale in The Quilt Shop, a seasonal quilt shop that is set up in the Museum at the Causeway, the entrance to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.  




Our little group sets up shop for the summer months, each one of us volunteers to work one day every two weeks. 




A few glimpses of what you'll see when you walk in...












And of course, a Christmas section! 




So what are you waiting for?  Come to Cape Breton...and Think Christmas! 


It's a great day for quilting!

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful kit and love the modern fabrics. What a cute and friendly looking shop. We had something like that in our little town and then the shop 'owner' closed up and moved. These are the kind of shops I like to frequent - support the local artisans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the kit, the shop...what a great idea..too bad we are sew far away...I would be helping out too lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great little shop! Wish I weren't so far away!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost stopped at the shop on my way home on Monday , maybe next time as it sure looks like it is worth the stop .

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea your shop is.

    I love that kit too, and hustled over to maybe buy it, but it's out of stock. Boohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One day we'll make it up to Cape Breton. It's definitely on our bucket list.

    Looks like you gals did a great job in setting up your wares. I wish you M-A-N-Y sales.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh lesley, I am so tempted... give me a day or so to think about it!! I have so many things I'm trying to do but.......
    Love your new purchases. It sounds like real comittment in the craft shop (making the goodies) but it would be so much fun. have a nnice day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I didn't have the Pets on Quilts show, I'd be in like Flynn....but I don't want to go insane, so I will restrain myself. LOL
    Love your shop there - wish I could come see it and you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!