Saturday, June 9, 2012

I'm Late for the Christmas Quiltalong







But I have a really good excuse! I started my day hours ago, first in my quilting chair, quilting on a bright summer quilt as the sun came up, next I readied my sewing corner for today's instalment of Festive Mystery designed by Quilt Sue, and then I was off to Westville, Nova Scotia with a wonderful quilt friend to see the show...The Thistle Quilt Guild Show, presented by a membership of over 50 talented quilters!


As soon as we entered the show, I was accosted (hugged) by two wonderful blog friends that I have met recently; Sheila of Sheila's Quilt World, and one of the lovely hostesses of the quilt show, and Linda, of Scrapmaster who travelled several hours just to see the show and meet up with us!




Here we are in front of one of Sheila's quilts. We all hate to have our pictures taken, but it is so wonderful to meet up with blog friends in real life...the first thing we do is take a picture! I'm on the left, Linda is in the centre, and Sheila is on the right. Thank you to my picture-taker quilt friend! It was also wonderful to meet some quilters who follow my blog, thanks to Sheila. It was great to meet you! 


Sheila had several entries in the show and every one was gorgeous!   Here is one of  Sheila's tabletoppers:




and a wonderful Santa quilt she made using a picture drawn by her granddaughter who was 8 at the time...amazing talent throughout the generations:



and the fabulous quilt and doll Sheila made:




Here is a quick peek at just a few of the other quilted treasures I saw today:







And to get into the Christmas spirit, I bought a new Santa pattern by 2 Easy Designs who were one of the vendors set up at the show.  How cute is this? 




So, am I forgiven for being late? Paulette is our wonderful hostess over at Sweet P Quilting and Creations so make sure you check out the festive activities going on over there! 


As soon as I got in the door, I raced downstairs and put one block together...and I love it!




And of course I had to ask Mr. Santa plant what he thought, and he approved!




So, I guess I have a few blocks to make...and I know you all started without me! Might not get them all made today, but I am certainly in the Festive spirit and on a roll...


It's a great day for quilting!


18 comments:

  1. A lovely day you had Lesley,and. I love that block.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I wasn't the only one late to the party today, though you certainly had a busy morning to show for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were late for the party today because I would not have gotten to see you otherwise ;-) Thanks so much for coming Lesley it was lots of fun catching up and hope you enjoyed our show :-) Great block and you choose the best fabrics . hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had yourself a lovely day. Your block for the QAL looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't you just the most awesome quilter ever! I love that you made a block as soon as you got home. It is lovely. I had wonderful time today. It was a great quilt show. So nice to get together with you and Sheila and so nice to meet Barb. And I only spent a small amount at the vendors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've had a very full day Lesley. I love the colors of your block!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A quilt show is certainly an excuseable absence. I am sure you will catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your block, too. How lucky you are to make two quilt shows in as many weeks. Your Santa pattern is adorable. And I think you all look nice in your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed the photos from the quilt show. It looks like work from a group of talented ladies.
    Your Christmas block, late or not, is pretty as a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what lovely quilts. You block looks pretty great too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some very beautiful quilts! I can't help it, but I love the doll bed best! I just have a "thing" for them. The Christmas QAL block is lovely too. That is a good idea - you will have a Christmas quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved all the beautiful quilts!! Love your fabrics and sweet Santa design!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like that was a great quilt show.

    I love the look of your Festive Mystery block, the dark green makes quite a statement against the other fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't think of a better reason to be late for something. What a fun quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great day! But you ladies should not be shy about having your pic taken - look at your lovely smiles!

    Mr Santa plant looks like he approves of your block - and I can see why, it's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun - I have fond wishes to meet many of the quilters I "know" from blogging! :) Love your virtual quilt show; thanks for sharing. Your block looks super!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great day and great excuse for being late! It looks like you had a wonderful time and getting to meet new blogging friends too! How exciting was that?! I am enjoying seeing the Christmas QAL come together for all of you. I had every intention of playing too but family committments and other projects just keep getting in the way. I can't wait to see what your quilt and all the other girls quilts look like. Thanks for sharing your quilt show with us too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!