Friday, June 1, 2012

It's Schnibbles Parade Day!

Good morning! It should be June 1, 2012. I have scheduled this to post automatically today. Sure hope it works!  


Today is the first of the month.  And that means it is Another Year of Schnibble's Parade Day!  Every month, participants make another Schnibble designed by Carrie Nelson.   And on the first day of the month there is a parade here and here thanks to Sinta and Sherri.  Today we also find out the name of the quilt for the next month.


I made the parade deadline with a few days to spare! The May quilt is called DOC and uses the Card Tricks block. I am renaming mine to Summer Tricks...the fabrics make me smile and think of summer days playing cards at the cottage when we were growing up. I used Cape Ann Petite charms by Moda and a few fillers from my stash.  You can see the progress of this quilt at my previous posts here and here




And just see how the quilt top looks swaying in the breeze...




Can't wait to get this one quilted! 


It's a great day for quilting! 

16 comments:

  1. very cute!!!!
    its on my list to make as well I thought it would be a cute baby quilt
    I think I will do mine in 30's
    kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely,I really like that block,going to have to try it.xxxLaura.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you always quilt by hand Lesley?.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. I like card trick blocks. And yes the fabrics do speak of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Summer Tricks is adorable Lesley!! Love your choice of fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect choice of fabric for your Summer Doc, I love it! Congratulations on a wonderful entry in the Schnibbles Parade! I'm a spectator this month, hope to be back in the parade next month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that must try to make it next

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, Lesley! It just screams summer and is oh soooo pretty. I can't wait to see it quilted as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely Lesley , it definitely looks like summer so that is a great name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great! And I love the name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great Lesley! What a sweet little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks beautiful, and the name is just perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love you wonderful, colorful quilt, Lesley. Fabrics, pattern, makes me simile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful colors and I love the Card Trick block!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!