Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer Sewing Contest

Jennifer at Ellison Lane Quilts has a great campaign on the go right now!  She's hosting a Summer Sewing Contest where quilters and sewers can enter their summer project in four categories: quilts, home decor, bags and accessories, and clothing.  




Since our summer seems to be a little delayed in coming to Cape Breton on the eastern coast of Nova Scotia, Canada, I decided to bring summer into my sewing corner and make a summer bag! 


I used Ruby fabrics plus a few from my stash, found this great pattern by Jodi at the Moda Bake Shop and now have what I call my Watermelon Tote! 




am also making the June Schnibbles quilt to match it and you can read all about it and the tote at a previous post here.  Some of you have already seen my tote, but that was before I decided to enter it in Jennifer's Summer Sewing Contest...sorry for the repetition! Can't you just see the tote filled with summer goodies or travelling to the beach with my favorite book?



All the projects that are entered into the Summer Sewing Contest can be seen at Jennifer's blog right here. It is like a parade of summer, so make sure you drop by, check it out, and enter your summer treasures!  My tote is entry # 53. Entries will be accepted until June 17, finalists will be chosen on the 18th, and  voting will be held from June 18-23.

And of course don't forget to visit Connie's Linky Party Tuesday.  I've found some wonderful eye candy there and some great "to do"  projects by visiting the links. Linking up with Connie is a wonderful way to meet new bloggers and get some great inspiration. 


It's a great day for quilting!


16 comments:

  1. The bag is gorgeous but csn we talk about the planter,,,,,wow wow wow...great photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my that tote is adorable, love the fabrics/colors
    so pretty!
    love that planter!!!!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the links. I'm always interested in seeing what other bloggers are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lesley, very pretty bag love the fresh Colours, I'll pay a visit and see if I can find you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bag and the photograph by that adorable planter is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors in your bag. Was it easy to make? I've never tried bags before, but think they'd be so nice to have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny - I just ran across this late yesterday (and put my Summer Days Schnibble in). Very sweet tote and love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful bag, Lesley in a really pretty combination of fabrics and colors. Good luck in the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful tote Lesley!! I have that pattern and it is on list of to-do's. Thanks for sharing!
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great tote Lesley...did see it on your previous post and still think it's one of the prettiest totes I've seen..love the colors and fabrics...good luck in the contest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tote is beautiful and I love all the outside pockets to put things in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll have to go on over and vote for that beautiful tote , it really looks like summer in those pretty shades . Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the info on the Summer Sewing Contest. I will vote for your bag! And I decided to enter my Kaleidoscope quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great bag! The colors are so nice and you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Alena

    Diverticulitis Treatment Diverticulitis Diet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!