Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Think Christmas Blog Hop

Update:  Registration has been extended for one day only...today, July 17, until midnight.  Blog hop will run for an extra two days! Thanks for all the interest from the Christmas elves in Blogland.  The revised schedule will be posted later this week.   

I am so excited!  I told you that today would be the day of the big reveal by Madame Samm of the upcoming Think Christmas blog hop. Perfect timing, don't you think?  A wonderful way to follow the Red, White and Blue blog hop that is ready to roll out on July 1. For more information on that hop and to see the schedule of participants, check out all the details with hostess Jane at Jane's Fabrics and Gifts


So, getting back to Think Christmas...the July celebration blocks are ready to go, and of course Miss Clever One Madame Samm knew that our sewing machines might just start to gather dust in the interim.  Wanting to help us out, she created Think Christmas, a blog hop that makes my heart spin...'cause you know I love Christmas! 




This is a blog hop that will celebrate all things Christmas from July 30 - August 3. In Madame Samm's own words, " Think  Santas, snowman, Christmas balls, trees, anything red, green, and white".  Madame Samm never stops thinking...her little brain is on overdrive and she keeps those wheels a-turning so that we can all have "sew" much more fun! 


Think Christmas is the perfect opportunity to play with some of those Christmas fabrics stored in your sewing corners or available in your favorite quilt shops. The goal is to to make red, green, and white blocks.  You can choose 6.5, 10.5, or 12.5 inches...a size for everyone!  I took a quick peek in my totes and I'm sure I have enough Christmas fabrics to make some blocks...what do you think?  




Mr. Santa Plant continues to look over my shoulder and he thinks I have lots of fabric in my stash to make a block or two! 


For more details, and to see some of the wonderful prizes, check it out at Madame Samm's Sew We Quilt.  To register for the blog hop, send an email to my address at lcarruthers3@gmail.com and tell me that you want to participate. And send it quick! The deadline is Tuesday, June 26, but space is limited. The last blog hop filled up in a couple of days and we don't want you to miss out on the fun!


You can probably tell that I am over-the-top excited that little ole me gets to be the host for this 5-day Think Christmas blog hop. Thank you, Madame Samm, I hope I will make you proud! 


In addition to the excitement of hosting, I am on top of the world because Madame Samm created a Santa signature just for me! So I'm signing off now with what I think is the most gorgeous Santa in the world.  Madame Samm tells me I should be able to applique this cutie Santa on a quilt...I'm off to buy some paper-backed fusible web, but I may need some help for this project. I am a pattern person...can't do a thing without a pattern, but Madame Samm thinks I can do it!


It's a great day for quilting, especially today!


17 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting, Lesley! I have sent you an email, Christmas sounds like a great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting, Lesley! I have sent you an email, Christmas sounds like a great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am in too, I am here with christmas bells, I am already thing red whit and green lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am in too, I am here with christmas bells, I am already thing red whit and green lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect 'Santa's Helper' for this Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Email sent--whoohoo--I'm in! This will be so much fun! Thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah - I just sent you an email - can't wait!!!!
    And July 30th is my birthday - so I get a special gift from you on my day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lesley, this is right up your Christmas lovin' alley! You're perfect for the job! I'm confused tho, you said a 10 day blog hop but the dates you post, July 30th thru Aug. 3rd is only 5 days. Is this new math?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to take part. I have send you an e-mail :) if you need any help just let me know

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Lesley, I want to play...I sent you an email. I think it's great that you are the hostess and I know we will have a Ho,Ho,Ho, good time! I can't wait to see what you have up your little red sleeves for us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am missing out on so much .... busy traveling and don't know where I will be. wont be in my home til July....but I will have fun watching what others do and make.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Count me in too Lesley , just need to see if I have those colors to work with lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Count me in, too, please, Lesley! Sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I sent my email to you a couple of days ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Planning on sending you an email after this comment. Hope I get this all right!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!