Saturday, June 23, 2012

Winter Blossoms


Linking up with Connie at Linky Party Tuesday right here.
"Good morning, good morning, good morning to you"...a chirpy little greeting to start your day.  Can you tell I'm a morning person! I was going to post this earlier today, but just had to visit a Farmer's Market first in the next town. I inhaled a chocolate-filled croissant and purchased many edible treasures, and yes, I did get a few nutritious ones! 


I have a quilt finish to show you. (This post is for a quilting friend  who looked for me yesterday and there was no new blog...you know who you are!)  I call the quilt "Winter Blossoms"...




I started this little quilt quite a while ago with the purchase of some fat quarters and some stash fabric. The pattern is officially called Sweet Little Blossoms, a Pattern Basket design by Margot Languedoc Designs, and designed for use with fat quarters. Once it was pieced, the quilt top sat in a closet for a few months, and recently I unearthed it, shook off the cobwebs (not really....you know how careful we are with our treasures) and sent it to Mary at Quilt Hollow for quilting.  


It just arrived back recently, with some stunning quilting by Mary to complete it, or "frost" it, as she says! Here is a picture she provided to me to show the quilting a little better. She is sure a talented lady with that machine. Thank you, Mary, perfect! 




I added a striped binding, which I think compliments the border. Both fabrics and most of the fat quarters are from the Wrapped in Paisley line by Moda.




My backing I found in a discount bin and I fell in love with it. The little houses and trees are just adorable, and of course, I wish I had bought more. The color of the backing is a little darker and less pink than it looks in this picture, but according to Thelma at Cupcakes and Daisies, today is National Pink Day, so I guess I'm right on track! 




Finally, on went a little label, and now it's a finish! Doesn't it look so soft and cuddly in my cuddle, I mean, quilting chair?






Just a reminder that there are only 7 days left before Madame Samm's Celebrate Red, White, and Blue blog hop starts.  


My day is July 1, so make sure you visit me and all the others.  Did I mention there are prizes!  You can find the schedule and more info at Jane's Fabrics and Quilts blog right here


And of course the deadline for the Think Christmas Blog Hop from July 30-August 3 is fast approaching. Let me know by Tuesday, June 26 if you are interested.  Find out the details here and here and Think Christmas! 


It's a great day for quilting and thinking Christmas! 





18 comments:

  1. Adorable little quilt! The farmer's market sounds like lots of fun! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And good morning, good morning to you too, Lesley!

    Winter Blossoms is a real winner - and hasn't Mary done a lovely job with the quilting?

    It's nearly time to put hearty dinner on, here in the UK - and it is cold and raining AGAIN - but that means that it is a GREAT day for quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous little quilt , love the fabrics and Mary did an awesome job as usual :-)I went to a farmers market this morning too .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out. I wish we had a farmers market close by! Lucky you! Enjoy your weekend...we are headed to relax at beach for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet lap quilt - love the backing! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty quilt Lesley! Love your choice of fabrics :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winter Blossoms is a gem. You must love it. I like all the different fabrics and the simplicity of the design. Thanks for showing it off to us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a morning person, too!!! It's the best part of the day. Winter Blossoms came out just beautifully. I love the quilting job. She certainly did it justice!! Well done to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Winter Blossoms and the quilting is wonderful as well. I wished I were a morning person. Not so...I got up at noon....giggle. Good Noon Day from me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the quilt. As soon as I saw it I thought the quilting looked as though it had been done by Mary, she is such a brilliant quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely quilt you have there Lesley and the quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful cuddle quilt....beautiful! Yikes! I'd better go and finish my RWB block for the hop!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Winter blossoms and the quilting. And Mary did a great job on the quilting. Can't wait to see what you have the for the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilts/crafts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world!
    http://quiltworld2.blogspot.fi/
    Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful quilt Lesley and Mary did a wonderful job quilting it! Wonderful colors!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!