Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hugs and Kisses: A Donation Quilt Finish

I am a very happy camper.  I set a goal to make a little quilt to send to Julie at Phoenix Quilts who is coordinating the effort to collect hundreds of quilts for families whose homes were lost in fires earlier this summer. I put a few projects aside and it was pedal to the medal on the sewing front.  With huge thanks to the donation of quilting by Lynda at Fiddlestitches in Mabou, the quilt is finished...ready for the mail.  


Here is my quilt story...Hugs and Kisses designed by Daniela Stout, pieced by me, and quilted by Lynda.


















Did you know the "X is the kiss part?




And the "O" is the hugs part...representing the arms in a circle giving a hug?  Who knew? 




Now, if you're still with me, yes, the exciting and inspirational Think Christmas Blog Hop starts ten days from now!  Let the Christmas bells ring out! 




As you know, Madame Samm and I have extended the hop for two more days. Think Christmas will run from July 30- August 5. We now have 73 participants! I'm working on the new schedule today so check tomorrow for the update. Anyone making a Santa? 

And guess what? I am a cheerleader for the hops!  I have a new set of pop-poms for my signature created for me by Madame Samm, Head Cheerleader for Blog Hops Where Everyone is a Winner! I wear these pom-poms proudly! You'll see them below when I sign off. 


My pom-poms also join with Miss Jane of Jane's Fabrics and Quilts, who is taking a well deserved rest after the huge success of the Red,White and Blue blog hop, and Miss Carol at Just Let Me Quilt who is immersed in bowls right now as she gets ready to host the Bowls With Borders blog hop which runs from August 13- August 28. What a summer of hopping!


So, it's a great day for quilting.  Don't forget to come back tomorrow for the updated Think Christmas schedule. 


14 comments:

  1. Lesley the quilt is absolutely gorgeous and it will make someone smile with joy , well done by both you and Lynda !! So we get to enjoy even more Christmas magic in July how great is that ,yeah to the new participants can't wait to see what they have to show us. Enjoy the rest of this lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teamwork! It's a beautiful quilt, and I'm sure it will be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs and Kisses quilts are great charity quilts - just lovely. Yeah for the chearing and love the pom-poms! No Santas here, but I'm not telling what's up my sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful quilt...maybe I will go around to the hop now that I am almost settled in....

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! what a gorgeous quilt Lesley!! You are so kind to make this beautiful quilt and donate!! Thanks for sharing and have a fantastic day!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful quilt (and quilting)and such a welcome gift, I'm sure, to those poor victims of the fires. Very nice! And....rah, rah, rah, it's off to Think Christmas. I'm so excited! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lesley - You and Lynda are AMAZING!!! This quilt is BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm going to have a hard time letting this one go! :) I'm sure who ever receives it will be so grateful for the comfort it brings them! Thank you for your generosity! The Hugs 'n Kisses quilt is a perfect pattern for a charity quilt! The recipients certainly need plenty of hugs right now!!! Thanks, again, for your quilt and for helping me spread the word about Phoenix Quilts!!! Hugs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an absolutely beautiful quilt! So precious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job, its a lovely quilt, I'm sure whoever receives it will treasure it (I hope)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on the great quilt finish, it's a beautiufl quilt, and for such a good cause. I;m looking forward to the Think Christmas bloghop - just felt a bit busy to sign up but I will be happy to see what everyone else has been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Lesley that quilt is lovely...these are not your colours..but should be...it is beautiful...and I just love that we are up to 73 oh my ...what hops ....I am looking more weight lol...
    can't wait...I have been sewing up a storm lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful quilt Lesley and for such a wonderful cause!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful quilt, I love the fabrics. It will surely brighten someones day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hugs and Kisses is a wonderful donation quilt. It has such a cheerful look to it. A lovely gift.
    And well done on all the organising for the Christmas blog hop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!