Saturday, August 11, 2012

Christmas Quiltalong 3rd and Final Post of the Day


Thanks for some great ideas on what to do in the white blocks of Festive Mystery.  You can see by this close-up that there is a lot of white space.  

You've given me lots of choices...I can do applique, embroidery, or send it to a longarmer for some customized quilting. Will think on this one!

My Kringle Mug Rug is ready to go to my machine for blanket stitching.  I've sandwiched it and hope that the stitching will hide some of the frayed stitches...I got totally carried away and tried to move a few pieces around after I had adhered them to the background. Duh...




I also added some more holly to his hat and hope that the addition of lots of  red berries will cover a multitude of sins. ( Please don't look too closely...) Once he has his eyes and a nose, he will be a real Santa!

Since the finish of the Think Christmas blog hop, I have been Buying Christmas so that I can Sew Christmas!   This is what arrived in my mail box over the past few days plus a few more treasures that I purchased from my local quilt shops.  

A Blitzen bundle...yes, there are snowmen here!



A Sentiments Layer Cake full of luxurious, scrumptious Christmas fabrics (actually, still in the mail but arriving soon!)
A complimentary mini-quilt kit from Sew Lux Fabric and Gifts because I bought these Christmas fabrics during their Christmas sale.  So cute...thanks Chrissy!



A Christmas panel from my local quilt shop, Harbour Quilt Company in Antigonish, whose owner has just announced she will be closing her shop.  Very sad face...




And five glorious fat quarters from Lucy's Fabrics and Gifts in New Glasgow who were also at the quilt show I attended last week.



So you can see that I have lots of Christmas fabrics to use for next month's Christmas Quiltalong. 

Before you go, can you help me with a Christmas request?  I am looking for a source for patterns, free or reasonably priced, to make some paper-pieced Santas to add to a little quilt top I was recently gifted.  See here  This little flimsy from Madame Samm  is just begging for some Santas to be added to make it into a wall hanging. ( Mdm Samm's idea, which I love!) Any ideas would be appreciated! 

I had a great day, did you? 

It's a great day for quilting,


10 comments:

  1. You could google search - here is a site with several Santa Patterns (free)
    http://www.yvonnes.dk/blocks04.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are well and truly in the Christmas mood! So much gorgeous fabric arriving on your doorstep!
    Your mug rug is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well all of that fabric is going to keep you out of trouble, I should say. You will be busy. I look forward to seeing your creations. I think the santa rug is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabric and that panel is really nice. Looks like you'll be very busy between now and Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley if you are doing a collage of santas, this one would sure look nice in there it is from free from Forest Quilting. Find it at
    http://www.forestquilting.com/paperpiecing_free/paperpiecing_free_pdfs/christmas_elf.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've bought some wonderful fabrics, can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your Santa is lovely now,and will be even better when he can see...
    Gorgeous fabrics.
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Leslie...thank you for stopping by to comment on the finished Embroidered quilt...it was a tough quilt...lol. Anxious for the Bowls to start tomorrow..I am on the first day....enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lesley, Is my leg being pulled about you wanting a paper-pieced Santa to go on Madame Samm's gift and she also thought it was a good idea to go and find one? This is perplexing because the last blogger on the "Sew Christmas" is Mme Samm, her first pieced block is called Believe which is Santa.
    On my Pininterest board it is just under the Blogger button.
    Is this what you want? There are more Santas there.
    Have you had a Blogger Brain BusterBlock on block???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah lots of great Christmas fabrics to add to your stash. I'm sure you will find great things to use them in.

    Enjoy your break and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!