Saturday, August 11, 2012

Christmas Quiltalong Post 2

What a perfect morning!  I managed to make a quick visit to the Quilt Show this morning and then I finished my Festive Mystery quilt top by adding the last of the pieced borders.




I hear that Quilt Sue will be hosting a Beauty Parade of the Festive Mystery quilts when she host the Quiltalong in December, so I better make some decisions...hand or machine quilting?  Will keep you posted.


I still have lots of time left in the day to "sew Christmas" so I pulled out the kit for a Kringle Mug Rug that I ordered from Quilt Doodle Designs after I saw her creations in the Think Christmas blog hop.  I couldn't resist purchasing this little guy!


Hope everyone is enjoying their day.  If you visit Cathi at Shakerwood Quilts you'll be able to link up and visit everyone who is sewing Christmas today.

It's a great day for quilting!

7 comments:

  1. Your quilt top looks super. The santa is cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful Lesley and it is going to look wonderful in the parade of Christmas quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now isn't that just the thing!

    Not sure about quilting - but I wonder if you could quilt (or applique?) something in the white squares - like a holly leaf maybe?

    Hmm hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, very pretty and congratulations on catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just so pretty!!!! Love that little Santa too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Santa mug rug. As for the white spaces, perhaps you could quilt a santa into each of them? Maybe even in red?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!