Thursday, September 27, 2012

Catching Up

This week in my sewing corner has been all about catching up. I think the most excitement in my corner was when I finished the binding and label on my "Doc" Schnibbles quilt, a quilt I had made a few months ago during the Another Year of Schnibbles quiltalong. The quilt was machine quilted by Angie at Quilting on the Mira, the LQS where I purchased my new sewing machine a few weeks ago.



I used Cape Ann charm packs by Moda with a few similar-colored charms from my stash.  Once the quilt top came together, it sure looked like a baby quilt, so I decided to name the quilt "Baby Tricks", a play on words with the Card Tricks pattern.





I completely finished my small hexies quilt...handquilted and bound, all set and on display! This is the October pattern, Hexagon Flowers Doll Quilt, chosen by Kathleen Tracy for her Small Quilt of the Month program.  Check out her blog at A Sentimental Quilter to get more info. These small quilts are very inspiring and take a lot less time to make than a bed quilt!  




I also rediscovered the Canton Village Quiltworks Bloggers Block of the Month program. I began this in September 2011 with quilters from across the globe. Hosted by the lovely Jackie of CVQ, the BBOM featured a variety of very talented quilt block designers.  I had let the months slide a little bit during the summer, but yesterday and this morning, I completed the final four blocks. Here is my little parade of blocks...

June, designed by Pam at Pam Kitty Morning 


July, designed by Victoria at Bumble Beans Inc.



August, designed by Amy at Amy's Creative Side


And last, but not least, September, designed by Sarah at The Last Piece.


Next month, Jackie will bring us full circle. On October 25, she will give us the information to complete the setting of the blocks. I've really enjoyed this!  Every bnlock was so much fun to put together. I was keeping up with the blocks every month until the warmer weather arrived. I bet I wasn't the only one!

I decided to tackle a few smaller projects as well. I love wandering over to the Moda Bake Shop to see what new projects are available in the Recipes section. All the instructions are free and I love a bargain! I found a pattern for a Strippy Charm Pouch by Kim Sherrod here. Kim blogs at Lily Patch Quilts and is giving readers a tutorial for a 4-block table topper.  Block 3 is posted here with a link to the previous blocks. 

So, without further ado, my Strippy Charm Pouches...



The pouches will have new homes soon. One will be a draw prize filled with some goodies at the Ocean Waves Quilt Society's quarterly meeting that is being held in Port Hawkesbury on Saturday at 11:00 am. Our local guild, the Tea Thyme Quilters, will be hosting.  The day is always a lot of fun with quilting friends from near and far, lots of quilting conversations and inspiration, a few vendors, and perhaps some show and tell to go along with some yummy treats! 

Madame Samm's  "Leafs Me Happy" blog hop starts on October 1 and I will be one of 11 excited quilters who will be posting our leaf-themed blocks on Day One.   Capable cheerleader and creative host Cherry, at CherryBlossoms Studiohas all the info. Visit her to see the schedule and prepare to get leafed!  The blog hop goes from October 1-10.  See you on Monday!

It's a great day for quilting!

18 comments:

  1. You sure do work on lots of projects and finish them! haha. I'm a real slacker in that regard. I need to get back at it, but this beautiful autumn weather just keeps calling my name.

    I love the baby quilt. It looks like a baby quilt to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the baby quilt , such sweet soft colors . Your other blocks are great too , didn't know about that quilt along and maybe that is a good thing although I do love the blocks.Your little pouches are adorable , you sure have been super busy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have been busy Lesley! Love your quilts and blocks...and, yes, those cute pouches as well!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, when you sew you sew! Love everything but especially the fabrics in your first quilt. So soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Cape Ann baby quilt is the sweetest quilt ever. I can't imagine working on as many projects at one time as you are currently doing. Just reading the list of all your projects makes me feel like I have ADD. More power to you that you can divide your attention among all these fun projects & actually finish them beautifully. Go girl go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeepers, Lesley, you leave the rest of us behind in the dust with your finishes. Every one is beautiful. I love the fabric you are using for the block of the month and love all of the blocks, too. I love your little hexie quilt and the Baby Tricks quilt with the lovely quilting. You must be having fun with your new sewing baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been giving your new sewing machine a real workout LOL. I love your Schnibbles baby quilt - very pretty. And your hexagon quilt is great - I need to get back to mine! I'm impressed that you hand quilted it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, love the 'Baby Trick' - so sweet and cuddly looking. You really got on a roll with your catch-up time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. guess you spent all week playing with your new machine!!
    love them all
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Baby tricks looks great and I do agree that it would be a perfect baby quilt. Gorgeous subtle colours and I do like the quilting. It looks pretty on your bench outside!
    You are very patient with the little doll quilts. They are so sweet.
    Isn't it great when you rediscover a BOM and find you still like it. Lovely to see your blocks progressing.
    Now, thank you for the link to the strippy charm pouches. They look wonderful and I think I totally missed seeing them. Just may have to make one very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh you have been busy - they are all lovely. I am on day one of the leafs blog hop too - very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just want to know, WHEN DO YOU SLEEP? *wink*

    Every time I read one of your posts, you leave me breathless. You have some pretty and awesome finishes there, my friend. Love your Baby Tricks and the little pouches are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Baby Tricks is really great and I can't wait to see how your Bloggers BOM comes together. I like the colors I see already. The pouches are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowzer, you've been a busy woman. So many fabulous projects!

    I love "Baby Tricks" - very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Lesley, I sew and sew and sew and STILL don't accomplish as much as you!!! Everything looks just lovely and I that bag is dynamite!! I wish I'd won it at the guild meeting today!! But MY special prize was the opportunity to meet you, in person!!! How come they didn't have show and tell this time? Have a great day tomorrow. It's supposed to rain, and you know what THAT means!!?! Guilt-free sewing time!! Hugs, karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. You never cease to amaze me with your beautiful projects. Quilts and a pouch? WOW! Love that Baby Tricks quilt and the quilting on it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful projects and blocks!! Love your little pouches Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  18. As soon as I saw this sweet little quilt, "baby quilt" came to mind. Really precious Lesley! I love you colors in the block a month blocks. I'm sure it's going to look gorgeous all put together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!