Monday, November 26, 2012

2012 Christmas Quilt Show Now Open for Entries

Today is Linky Party Tuesday and I'm linking up with Connie and friends at Freemotion by the River. Won't you join us? 

There is a Christmas Quilt Show going on and you are invited! Michele at Quilting Tutorials has coordinated an online quilt show that is already drawing interest from quilters across the globe. 

The show started on November 23 and will continue until November 30.  During this time, you are invited to enter on Michele`s blog by posting a picture of a Christmas quilt(s) and also qualify to win a prize. When you visit her blog hereyou will already find a gorgeous selection of Christmas quilts for your browsing interest, a collection that is growing as we speak, 

You`ll find the rules and all the info you need on how to enter the show and how to qualify for the many prizes that will be available.  There are at least 14 sponsors, offering prizes that include fabric, thread, books, patterns, and much more, 

On December 3 and 4, there will be an opportunity to vote for your favorite quilt  in the Viewer`s Choice Award, so make sure you return to Michele`s blog on those dates.

If you visit me on a regular basis, you`ll know I am a little obsessed with Santas, so for my quilt entry, of course I had to choose a Santa!  I selected "So For Goodness Sake ", a mini-quilt just perfect for my table frame.




The pattern for the stitchery was designed by Cedarberry Stitches that I found in their shop last year. Their web site is full of other wonderful stitchery patterns just as much fun as Santa! When you join their mailing list, you receive a free stitchery pattern. 

I framed the centre stitchery with 1.5 inch strips, and used the same size for the checkerboard borders. For the backing, I actually pieced a few small pieces of a fabric that I have had in my stash for awhile...a favorite of mine so I wasn't going to waste a smidgen!


I used red and green perle cotton to hand quilt around the stitchery, frames, and checkerboards, added my little Cuddle Quilter tag, bound it with some dotty binding, added some strips for hanging, and now it's all set for the holidays.

Thanks, Michele and the wonderful sponsors for giving me the opportunity to enter a quilt show without having to leave the house. And thanks to Barb at Bejeweled Quilts. When I saw her post with her beautiful entries for the show, it was a great reminder to me to get my quilt ready for publication, so please visit her for some Christmasy inspiration as well! 

It's a great day for quilting!






45 comments:

  1. So darling. I need to make some mini quilts with embroidery centers. Love that look! Thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet quilt... I really like the checkerboard border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you enter one of your lovely pieces in the Christmas Quilt Show - just have to have one of Lesley's Santas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is an adorable mini Lesley and nice to see you entered in the show , lots of fun :-0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how lovely, I just finished some redwork quilts for my charity group

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI! WHAT A CUTE MINI QUILT!
    LOVE REDWORK!
    THANKS FOR SHARING!

    msstitcher1948@yaho.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh I love redwork too! what a great table topper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Santa mini is lovely Lesley. I am a bit partial to the 'Jolly Old Soul' too. These mini frames are the best thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely mini quilt. Great hanging hardwear too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hanging is gorgeous Lesley - the Santa is very cute and beautifully finished

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very special Santa. Lovely to see your gorgeous mini. And thanks for the reminder re the Christmas Quilt Show.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool Santa. :) He's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your stitchery....I wish I would do more of it...just love the looks of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Santa is great and I love the back also. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow...that is a gorgeous piece of work...

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great little quilt. I love the redwork and the piecing and the little table frame. I have been working on a redwork santa for severl years and I wonder if I will ever finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a cute quilt - it is nice having Christmas quilts about the house isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect for your Christmas tabletopper. Nice stitchery and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute Santa and the patchy border. I also really like the table frame. What a great way to display minis!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really like the Santa Quilt. I like the border with the hand stitching in the middle. It would look great as a wall hanging! That pattern would look wonderful with any design in the middle. I used to do hand work but not much anymore. Still trying to learn how to quilt! Thank you Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your Santa quilt is sooooo cute Lesley. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Working my way through all the quilts in the 2012 show. This is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I do love your Santa Mini quilt!! I don't have a Christmas mini quilt...boo hoo. I need to get busy and fix that situation. Thanks for the inspiration. Oh wait, I do!! I forgot about the Christmas blog hop you hosted...I put mine away for safe keeping. Gotta run...go hang my quilt. Yippee
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your Santa is so cute. I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just love this one. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lesley I just love your little Santa! I have a frame like that and it has been so much fun making little quilts to fit it! And I love that you use up the last scrap of a treasured fabric - me too :*D You are sure to do well in the quilt show with this cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pretty Santa quilt, looks great on the little stand, can you tell me whe you got the stand, I'm looking for wool felt as well, is there anyone over there that sells it?

    ReplyDelete
  28. He's wonderful! Thanks for the tip about Cedarberry Stitches, I've never been there before.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your piece is just lovely. You did such a nice job on the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I absolutely love your redwork, you're my inspiration to forge ahead and try this myself!
    Santa isn't putting any coal in your stocking ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so cute, Lesley -- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lesley..this is a cutie! Thanks for sharing it in this show!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cute Santa! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've commented on this before and still love your quilt so much! I am going to have to try redwork in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a gorgeous mini! I love your stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lesley what a precious Santa wall hanging! The stitchery is wonderful and great job on the back! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Good morning...
    Lovely....just lovely.....
    Front and back side ...perfects!!!!
    Congratulations.
    Hugs
    Maria Rosalia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!