Thursday, January 31, 2013

Country Charmer Quiltalong

Finally it is February 1, the day of the big reveal for everyone participating in the Country Charmer Quiltalong. (OK, I will admit I posted a little before midnight...just couldn't wait!) 



Quilt designer Lynn at Sew'n Wild Oaks has been fabulous, sewing along with us and giving us helpful hints all along the way. Just yesterday she 'gently' reminded us that there are 53 pieces in each 8.5 inch block so we are in piecer's heaven. I figure by the end of this, I should be able to sew a perfect 1/4 inch seam with my eyes closed. 

Can you believe it was only three weeks ago that Lynn, Quilt Sue at Quilt Times, and I invited you folks to quilt along with us in the Country Charmer QAL?  On January 10, I suggested the idea of a schedule where all you had to do by the end of January was to purchase your fabrics and get the cutting done.  That idea went out the door on day one, and this is why...I started by cutting the pieces for one block. Once the pieces were cut, I just had to sew, and sew, and sew. And then I did the same for block 2. I'm telling you, this quilt is addictive! 



And yesterday, I started block 3 but ran out of time...remember, no stress, no quilt police, no anxiety...so I will finish it another day.  So far I have used red, blue, and now green for the little diagonal blocks, keeping it pretty scrappy, just the way I like it.



It has been so exciting since Day 1...just take a peek at the Flickr site we set up for participants to show us their progress HERE. Please don't be shy...if you are making CC, why not share your pictures with us? You don't have to be a blogger. Just go to Flickr.com and follow the instructions. Our group is called  Country Charmer Quiltalong 2013.

If you have a blog, and you have posted about CC this month, please link up below, making sure the URL address is from the specific post where you wrote about your CC quilt progress.

If you do not have a blog, send your pictures to me or to Lynn and we will post them for you on our blogs.  So far, I have received pictures of these wonderful blocks done by fellow Canadian quilter Sandy Dagg from Quebec. I love her choice of fabrics and the wonderful contrast she uses.







I think Sandra is on her way to making a stunning quilt! 

If you haven't joined us yet, we'd love to have you. For information about the QAL and purchasing the pattern, just click HERE.  It is never too late to join and we'd be thrilled to have you! We'll meet here and at Sew'n Wild Oaks  again on March 1 for our monthly progress report. Don't forget to link up below...we'd love to see your Country Charmer blocks, and after that, make sure you hop over to see what's happening at Sew'n Wild Oaks! (Update: I managed to get the Linky changed and it now accepts thumbnails, but had to re-enter all the early links. I have learned so much!)

It's a great day for quilting!









17 comments:

  1. I love your blocks Lesley. We share some of the same fabric choices in our stashes. It is so much fun to see Sandy's blocks too. You know me, I love the planned, scrappy look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley, all your blocks are lovely, I'm sure you'll have it finished in no time, I did think about joining in but still pondering!
    Have you stated your Santa yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the pattern, but so far that is all.....I'm already behind now....giggle. Your block are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such fun. Thanks or setting us all up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely of you to post Sandy's blocks - they are wonderful. Off to visit linkies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blocks Lesley, looks like you are having a lot of fun with this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are beautiful and I also love Sandy's blocks , so pretty . Have a fun sewing day . Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank YOU Lesley, for all your work to bring us together. Our own little Quilty United Nations~where getting in a "scrap" is perfectly acceptable!
    Sandra! The idea of using larger neutral prints for background is great! The thought crossed my mind too...but alas...my blocks turned out to be the perfect place to use up a yard of fabric that I bought in the wrong shade of cream by mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blocks Lesley.I am not good at putting fabrics together so that is why I picked my bundle of Northern Cardinal FQ that I have had for awhile. I like seeing everyones CC and seeing how they put there colors together and I will learn from others.What I like about doing this CC Quiltalong is you do not have to feel rushed You can do other projects while doing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lesley your blocks are great. They'd work well with mine I reckon.

    I love Sandy's blocks too, there are some great fabrics there that I'd love to get my hands on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blocks, Lesley. I love country looking quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone's icon on the Linky look sew, sew, pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blocks Lesley and Sandys also. I love your Metropolitan Fair. It is wonderful to have so many quilters involved. And you are so right, these are addicting. I cut out another set this afternoon. Thank you for being our cheer leader..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty blocks! If I didn't already have so much going on, I'd be tempted to join along :*)

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the blocks looks so pretty. I need to get out of my comfort zone and try different types of blocks! I really love your policy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are looking great. It will be wonderful to see all the different variations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blocks are beautiful, Lesley!! Can't believe how much you accomplish. I'm quite sure you don't stop to eat, sleep, or dust!! (Working on cottons generates a lot of dust!). Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!