Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year



Can you believe another year has come and gone?  In 2012, Woodworker Hubby and I travelled to Alaska on a quilting cruise which was followed by a week "out West" with our daughter.  Our son graduated to become a teacher, our daughter became engaged, I retired and then I turned 60 (argh!).  

Every day I continued to enjoy and embrace this quilt blog community. Thank you for sharing it with me as I truly appreciate your visits, your comments, and the wonderful support you have given me since I started this blog in the Fall of 2011. 

I wish you all a wonderful 2013, a year filled with family, friends, and fabric, and lots of love in between! 


This awesome graphic is compliments of Madame Samm.  You can find it HERE

Does the vintage postcard at the top of this post remind you of anyone? My mom made me wonderful ringlets, but my hair was a little darker, and I must admit I never had a cat on my shoulder! 


It's a great day for quilting!

16 comments:

  1. Lesley...so glad to have to have met you thru blogging. I will be retiring this year at 62..so age does have its benefits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Lesley and I am glad you became a part of the blogging community or I would never have met you . Love that photo and you haven't changed a bit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your New Year is happy and wonderful. Love your banana curls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had a busy year, but it sounds like lots of fun. You left out that you went ice skating (that was BIG to me since that's not something I'll ever do and it totally impressed me.) LOL Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like it was a wonderful 2012 for you. I hope that 2013 will be just as fun and productive.

    LOVE the ringlets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! such a sweet photo of you as a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lesley, I retired this year too! You are a nice person to follow. Thank you for the date. I will add it to my blog. I am so excited this day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! I turn 60 this year and I say the best is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh . . . your picture is darling! I hope 2013 is even better for you than 2012 was! I'm so glad we met out here in blogland! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2013 will be wonderful! It was lovely to meet you in 2012 and I hope to be able to visit Port H. in the future. We Bluenosers have to stick together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year to you as well, my friend.

    I spent ALL DAY taking down and packing away Christmas stuff...and cleaning. Yuk! The house looks bare now.

    Your face is older now but I would have known that little girl was you. Your eyes and mouth are a dead giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know I LOVE your shorter posts! LOL I can keep up better! Happy 2013 to you, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! It was a big year for you. My mum retired in July, travelled to Canada for a family wedding (we're Australian), then she's turning 60 in March. Lots of parallels there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year, Lesley! What a darling picture of you - those ringlets are gorgeous!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!