Friday, February 8, 2013

Some Little Treats


I had a lot of fun in my sewing room making some little treats for my DD recently.  In addition to her teaching career, she has recently joined with Stella and Dot as an Independent Stylist. I asked her to email me a jpg of the logo so I could make her a few items to use when she does her trunk shows. 

Right away I knew I wanted to make her a little clutch and a business card holder. I have made both items many times...kind of my "go to" projects for family and friends. I use my zippered clutch every day to hold my quilting tools. It usually sits by my sewing machine and holds everything and more-rotary cutters, special rulers, seam rippers, sometimes a few chocolates, and of course those perfect-sized scissors! 


I printed the company's logo onto June Tailor fabric sheets and started searching through my teals for the perfect fabrics to match the little ampersand!


Once I found what I wanted, I cut the squares and arranged them so I wouldn't have the same print beside another. The front...


and the back...

The bag is lined with one of the coordinating fabrics I used on the outside but I forgot to take pictures.





The colour in my pictures seems a little off, so here is the picture DD took...she was pleased and so am I...always nice when gifts are appreciated! Guess there is a little advertising here, but if I covered the logo, the bags wouldn't have been so cute!  

I still have some fabric sheets with the logo printed off so am going to make her an iPad case next. I see a few patterns on line. Do you have any recommendations? 

The pattern for the clutch is in the Spring 2011 edition of Quilts and more. See it in the top right-hand corner?

The business card holder is a Little Wallet pattern I purchased here from Quilt Taffy.  

Thanks for coming by. It's a great day for quilting!

24 comments:

  1. What a great gift set that I am sure will be well used and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. What a nice way to support your DD in her new venture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out really wonderful. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific idea and I can see why your daughter loved them ,too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your DD's new opportunity is definitely worthy of a business card holder and clutch. They are so cute! And with the company logo too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're so cute and such a great idea. You're so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just darling and such a clever and practical gift. I'll bet she was thrilled with it. I still want to be adopted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I L-O-V-E them!!! What a super, clever idea! Now just watch when Alison starts taking them with her people are going to want one. Better have lots of that fabric on hand! *wink*

    I'm jealous...I admit it.

    Now I have to admit how out of touch I am...what is Stella and Dot? Duh! But I love their logo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lesley, these are perfect little work accessories for your daughter! Very clever of you! Now I'm off to see what Stella & Dot is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! I know your daughter is going to enjoy using and showing off her new bags.

    Like Kaaren I want to be adopted. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your daughter is so lucky to have a wonderfully creative mother like you, Lesley!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those goodies are awesome! What a lucky daughter. These are beautiful. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bag is adorable and I like the idea of sewing assessories inside. The words make the bag even better, more one of a kind. And when she has a show how special. I can see it with 'makeup' or 'hair assessories' or just anything. Great gift idea, or a way to make extra money. Love it Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You just reminded me that I actually have that magazine! Going to dig it out and make a clutch. Thanks for the shove :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now, aren't YOU the clever one?? I just love them. Haven't made an IPAD bag, but there are some awfully good tutes out there. It's one of the few bags I haven't tried! Keep warm, karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so cute... what a great idea and I think I have that magazine too. I don't buy many but I always like the cute small projects in that one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your DD must have been so tickled. So cute. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did a wonderful job! She must love it and will be proud to use it. VSM Husqvarna Viking site has a lot of projects. I saw a tablet or e-book case n their site not sure if it is still there but lots of inspiration. Here is the link. http://new.husqvarnaviking.com/en-CA/Be-Inspired/Blog?tags=Design%20Collection&categoryid=25

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous gift set Lesley...thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute, your daughter will love showing it off. The logo is adorable as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I bet your daughter was thrilled. They are both really cute. One day I will conquer my fear of zips and have a go at a little bag like that.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great gifts for your daughter... and to personalize them with the logo is extra special! Pretty fabrics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great idea. They look wonderful. You have great projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!