Friday, April 26, 2013

Rainbow Challenge, Grandmothers Choice, and Ocean Waves

This week was filled with lots of little projects, just the way I like it.  Green was the colour chosen for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2013 hosted by So Scrappy, so off I went to my scrap totes. It didn't take long at all to make my green block. It is 12.5" unfinished...



Had a quick peek to see how it got along with January, February, and March's blocks...



and I added a few green units to my growing pile of multi-coloured piano keys for the border. 



I'm heading to the Ocean Waves Quilt Society's AGM in Sydney early Saturday morning(on the road by 6:30 am) so will link up at So Scrappy when I get back Saturday night. Every Saturday of the month Angela hosts a linky party on her blog for us to show our colour projects. Hope you'll pay her a visit! 

And while you're surfing the net, I'll be working the registration desk, attending the business meeting, purchasing treasures from the quilt shop vendors, and oohing and aahing over Nova Scotian quilt artist Laurie Swim's trunk show. I'll be in quilt heaven...

But before I sign off, a few more notes...I'm all caught up with Barbara Brackman's Grandmother's Choice BOW. There are to be 49 blocks and I have 34 made. I did substitute a few blocks, choosing blocks she had already posted in her 2011 Civil War BOM. Here are the latest...


Block 32. Contrary Husband


Block 33. Mr. Roosevelt's Necktie


Substitute Block: Log Cabin


Substitute Block:North Star


I have lots more going on in the sewing corner. I'm especially having fun with the 9-patches and sashing for my Country Charmer quilt. I'll be back on May 1 to show you my CC progress to date and invite you to link up that day with designer "extraordinaire" Lynn from Sewn Wild Oaks and all the quilters participating in this no stress, laisy daisy CCQAL. If you haven't yet joined us, there's lots of time left.  We're hoping to have a parade of our finished quilts and/or flimsies in November.  But for now, all we want is to see your progress. Make sure you check out Lynn's blog...she says there are some CC kits still available for purchase and they are gorgeous! You can see them HERE

It's a great day for quilting!


19 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks - enjoy your outing, sounds like a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric you're using for the Grandmother's Choice blocks is terrific. So elegant. And the log cabin looks beautiful in blues and golds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness! You have been busy! I really like your greens....yummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those greens are looking so nice with the other blocks. Way to go to be all caught up with your blocks. Did you do the QAL in 2011 too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great seeing how the rainbow blocks are coming together. They are looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure lovin' your Barbara Brackman blocks and your substitute blocks...this is going to be a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been very busy! Love the fabrics in your BB blocks, especially the paisley... my favorite is North Star!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so envious you are caught up with Grandmother's Choice! Your blocks look wonderful; I especially like that yellow and blue paisley - love how you used it in Mr. Roosevelt's Necktie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many fun blocks and beautiful fabrics. Have fun oohing and aahing this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blocks. Love the contrary Husband I most definitely need to find that block. Envious you get to go to Sydney. I used to work with the most wonderful group of women and men in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Rainbow Challenge blocks looks great. It's going to make a fun quilt. I save everyone of Barbara Brackman's block and haven't made even one. Yours are coming out great. I particularly like Mr. Roosevelt's necktie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your rainbow blocks are so neat Lesley and wow have you been busy with your other blocks too! Hope you have a wonderful time today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful blocks. Your rainbow quilt will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. An amazing blog post Leslie! Your scrappy blocks and piano keys are so fun and when they are all together, holy mackerel!
    And your Votes for Women blocks are awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great blog post. I love how your RSC blocks are coming together. Your grandmothers choice blocks are great. I was able to keep up until this last week so I have 2 to make. It has been fun following along and making the block each week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Busy you. Lovely blocks! Thoroughly enjoyed your post : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Rainbow blocks and border keys are looking lovely together, so many pretty blocks in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. those are all amazing, as are all things quilty. I especially love Mr. Roosevelt's tie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!