Saturday, May 25, 2013

Doll Quilts and Schnibbles

Another rainy day in paradise, so a perfect time to fill you in with how I've been keeping busy. Woodworker Hubby was busy too...he recently finished painting Ana White's Farmhouse Doll Bed. I thought it would be a perfect way to display some of the small quilts that I've made. I grabbed my camera and started clicking...


The quilt on the bed is another version of Nellie's Nine-patch that I made this week from Tara Darr's book "Simply Charming".  I found a box of vintage linens that my Mom had given to me many years ago with a few items that worked really well for the pillow and the sheet. 


A few more projects just hanging out...


and of course I had to pull out the doll cradle too, but there's no room for a doll!


I had such a busy week in my sewing corner, really, but I can't show you most of what I made...there are just too many secret projects at this time of the year.However I did finish a Schnibbles quilt.You're going to think it is the May 2013 Vintage Schnibbles challenge quilt, but it is actually the May 2012 Schnibbles I started last year. It is now a finish!


I machine quilted in the ditch but left the geese to fly on their own and backed the quilt with a floral print. The batting is a new brand for me and I just love it! It is called The Tuscany Collection, 100% Bleached Cotton by Hobbs. I purchased mine at the Mira StitchnPost and would imagine you can find it at your LQS.


Had to try the quilt in the doll bed...a little large, though, and folded several times...

Many thanks to Jennifer at Curlicue Creations.  I recently won a giveaway from her blog and received Volume 7 of Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks and a pattern designed by Ms. Jennifer herself..she's a pretty talented gal. Check out her collection of cat blocks HERE


So what's up for today? I'm off to tackle part 4 of Darlene's Mystery quilt, or maybe I'll catch up with the latest four blocks of Barbara Brachman's Grandmother's Choice blocks, or perhaps I'll start block 5 of the Blogger Girls Block of the Month, or pick out my blue fabrics for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge? So many choices...all I know for sure is that it's a great day for quilting!





21 comments:

  1. Now I want a doll bed! Gorgeous quilts. Have a fun day sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little doll bed! Your dolls can really sleep in style with vintage sheets and hand-quilted quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our families must be from the same era because I recognize that napkin peeking over your lovely quilt, in fact I think I was doing my least favourite task of ironing them just this week. What a lovely idea to showcase the present with the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little quilts look great! Enjoy the rainy weekend of sewing, I'm doing the same!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilts look gorgeous on that lovely bed and that sheet is beautiful.

    Your Schnibbles from last May is delightful. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little quilts are so precious Lesley and I love the bed your husband made! The Schnibble from last year......beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great eye candy today , loved your little quilts in the wonderful doll bed and cradle your hubby made for you . It is definitely a good day for quilting , enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your post today with so many wonderful pictures of what's been keeping you (and your husband!) busy! Love the way you displayed the old linens with the new mini quilts! The bed is just precious! And the May 2012 Schnibbles is so cute!!! What did you love about the Tuscany batting? I need to educate myself on batting, because I have yet to find one that I really, really like...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post Lesley,I love all your little quilts,xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This little bed is si adorable but with your quilts you could win medals for sure. What wonderful quilts you make!!! When you have a grand-daughter she is going to have this little bed and your wonderful quilts!

    My grandkids left this morning. I am with my other 2 this weekend so the parting, while difficult, is better. I deleted SewBlinky to have a blog expressing my other interests and include some sewing. Next week I will be cleaning house. jlblvn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such adorable little quilts! And I love the bed and 'linens". ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many, many lovelies here, Lesley! The doll bed is a beauty and you've dressed it so perfectly. Those vintage linens are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every project with each new photo looks lovelier than the last. Simply gorgeous finishes, complimented of course by Mr. Woodworker's handiwork.

    Your Schnibbles quilt reminds me of rainbow sorbet...both are yummy!

    Lots of wonderful things happening in your corner of paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those little quilts are just so lovely. Isn't it wonderful when we have hubbies who are clever. The vintage linen was a great idea and compliments the little quilt. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally love your doll quilts and bed! I have a woodworker hubby, too - might have to talk him into making a doll bed for moi. The vintage linens add a wonderful touch - what a nice way to remember your mom. Thanks for the heads-up on the Tuscany collection. I will have to look for that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have i mised you....i loveeeeeeeeeeee these mini.s i almost fooled myself , thought they were large, looked like a pic from a balcony way cool

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my!!! I absolutely ADORE that little blue and white nine-patch mini!!! And those sweet linens with it - to die for!!! All of your minis are so special and sweet :*) The colors in your Schnibbles quilt look like summer to me - watermelon and cool blue pools and green things growing everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the little doll bed. What a great display idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is always great to see your lovely quilts displayed on the doll bed and the cradle. And I do like the colours and fabrics in the Schnibbles quilt. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love looking at the pics of your sweet little quilts. Very special.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!