Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Schnibbles Deadline Met

The first of the month is only days away and I've met my deadline for making the June Schnibbles quilt. Yay me! Sinta at Pink Pincushion and Sherri at A Quilting Life will open their blogs on July 1 to a parade of Vintage Schnibbles, designed by Carrie of Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. If I remember to send Sinta my jpg, I'll be in the parade.

The June quilt is called Dulcinea ( you can order the pdf pattern HERE) and you'll see that the quilt is made using the double pinwheel block.This is my version, done in a variety of aquas, teals, and purples mixed with a vibrant white. 



Of course I changed it up just a tad. I find I am getting braver with my projects, choosing a pattern and adding my little slant to it.  To someone who is a rule follower (who, me?), this is a huge step! 

My quilt top is 36" x 44", includes three narrow borders, some cornerstones, and a final pieced border of 2.5" squares.  The binding will either be white or striped. Suggestions welcome!

This was one of those quilts that I didn't want to chain piece for speed. Instead I made it block by block because I couldn't wait to see each block finished! The fabrics were all in my stash. I had been collecting these yummy fabrics for some time now and knew this was the quilt that needed them!











Since I'm kind of in the green and purple theme here, just want to show you the lovely mug rug I received recently from Sheila who blogs at Sheila's Quilt World. Is this not adorable? Thank you, Sheila...it is too pretty to put a mug on, so it is hanging in my kitchen!




Hope to see some of you back here on July 1 for the monthly update and link up of the Country Charmer QAL. You just might see my twenty blocks put together, just saying. If you are making a CC quilt, please link up that day to show us your progress, email me your pictures, or post on our Flickr page HERE. For those of you who have already finished your quilt please link up again.  I for one never tire of seeing CC quilts! Country Charmer quilt designer and sweet mentor Lynn of Sew'n Wild Oaks, how many have you made so far? Giggle, giggle...

I may do the CC post a little before or after July 1, since July 1 we celebrate our Canada Day and I might be busy with festivities. 



It's a great day for quilting!


23 comments:

  1. Your Dulcinea is beautiful! I love green and purple. Your pattern changes truly worked with your quilt. Awesome.

    My Dulcinea has been waylaid by my Country Charmer. I'll get back to it but not in time for the parade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Dulcinea is beautiful! such pretty colors. And I love the mug rug from Sheila. I had good intentions with CC, but never got started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes that is a beautiful mug rug. Lovely quilt top, too. Stay brave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet:):) Hey, Im super excited...Carrie lives here in my town...and she is doing a quilt-a-month club for the local girls:):) I signed up. I start in October. I love all of Carrie Nelsons patterns:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the colours you have made your quilt in. Very summery and beachy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone loves a parade and I think that your version of Dulcinea should be the parade Grand Master. What pretty colors you've chosen and you can never go wrong with white as the anchor color. Love it!

    What a cute little mug rug stitchery from Sheila as well. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your double pinwheels are gorgeous , love the Colors , very striking definitely worthy of a parade . Glad you liked the mugrug enough to,hang it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous little quilt. Lovely fabrics, too!
    Make sure you have a wonderful Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed the close ups of your blocks....love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, Lesley! Those little pops of orange and yellow mixed in take it to a festive level. It's going to be a beauty when you get it all finished up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Lesley, it's adorable. The colors are so summery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous quilt. I have a couple of Schnibbles quilt patterns I think I may need to do a couple to donate to use up some of the scraps in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The fabrics in your Dulcinea quilt are lovely. Each block is like a little treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your scnibbles quilt Lesley, and love the personal touch you have given it! Your mugrug too is lovely - I'm not surprised you cant bear to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet quilt! The fabrics you used are so pretty.
    Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilt is so pretty. I love those colors. Thanks for doing close up of the fabrics as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lesley, I love your Dulcinea. I think that's the best thing about these Schnibbles patterns, they make it so easy to play around with fabric or pattern changes because of their size. Carrie says they are just a starting point, yours is a perfect example of what you can do with a little start! Great Job! See ya in teh parade!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that little Schnibbles!! It's just beautiful. I know what you mean about making it block by block!! I often do that for exactly the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your Dulcinea! It's beatiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty version, love your colours.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love what you did with the border :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the fabrics you used in this quilt. Congrats on a great finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!