Monday, June 10, 2013

Country Charmer Winners and a Few Pleated Pouches

Good morning! Hope everyone had a great weekend. The sun is shining here, the air is still a bit cool but it's a perfect day to sit in my sunny kitchen and sew. Yesterday Woodworker Hubby and I made a mess of my sewing corner, dismantling my custom made ironing board (table) which resulted in some resewing and reshifting to repair some of the fabric and batting that was showing signs of wear. While my corner was in disarray, I moved my sewing machine up to the kitchen and left it there overnight. This morning I enjoyed listening to the birds with the sun over my shoulders and had a great successful morning getting some sewing done on several projects.

Now I'll move everything back to my tidy corner but before I do I wanted to announce the winners of the Country Charmer Quiltalong. The quilter who will be receiving a $20 gift certificate is Quilt Sue from Quilt Times and the winner of a pattern of her choice designed by Lynn at Sew'n Wild Oaks is Donna from So Sew Crafty. Congrats to these winning ladies and thanks to all the participants. I think we are all winners when we get to make such a beautiful quilt while having designer Lynn guide us along! Thank you, Lynn, for donating your quilt pattern, "Nostalgic Christmas" to Donna. I'm in the midst of making this pattern too and expect to have it finished in time for the Christmas season!   

We continue to attract new Country Charmer quilters, so please make sure you check out the QAL info HERE and join us for a CC update at the first of July. 

So what did I work on this morning? I put the finishing touches on four pleated pouches. I first saw these little pouches through Liz at Moments. She had made some sweet little pouches for the Say It With Flowers blog hop at Madame Samm's Sew We Quilt . Liz provided the source for the instructions HERE, complete with a video tutorial by Pattydoo HERE. I made two pouches using the video and then made another two pouches using the instructions from the Zippy Strippy pattern I had purchased awhile back designed by Atkinson Designs. 



Two pouches were made with fusible fleece and two were made with fusible interfacing. I preferred the latter for a lighter bag and also added zipper tabs to the last two. I have to warn you...I found these pleated pouches very addictive, so I know I will be making more! Liz even wrote a special tutorial just for me (and you) so that we can add little pockets to the next batch. Check it out HERE.

Here are a few pics of my pp's. The bags lie pretty flat, but I opened them up to show you the pleats...






Just decided that it would be a great afternoon to golf, so Woodworker Hubby and I are off to the golf course in a few minutes so I have to cut this short. Do you think the Christmas Elves will be by to finish my projects while I'm swinging a golf club? Speaking of Christmas, check out the HoHoHo Blog Hop with sign up this week through Carol at Just Let Me Quilt. I'll be a little too busy this summer with DD's upcoming wedding, but I'll be watching from the sidelines!

Gotta run or  I'll be walking to the golf course!

21 comments:

  1. What wonderful gifts these would make... so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little pouches are adorable. Very cute. Nice gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the winners. I love those little pleated pouches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the winners and thank you and Lynn for your generousity. Love the little pouches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pouches are just too, too adorable!!! The pleats make them so special - add a pocket and they'll be perfect! :*) My hubby is playing golf in his work league this afternoon amid storm and tornado warnings. Golfers will play in any weather unless they are forced to stop..... kinda reminds me a lot of quilters!!!! =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet little pouches , pretty fabrics too , I have seen this pattern but have yet to try it out ,maybe I should ;-) Hope you had fun golfing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lesley your little pouches are so adorable and made with such sweet fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for organizing the Country Charmer Quilt Along Lesley. I'm so happy for both of the winners. I love the little pouches! I can see why these would be addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pouches are adorable! Love the pleats and the ric rac too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulation to the winners, and the pouches are so cute. Hope golf was wonderful and you got to enjoy the beautiful weather.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those cute little pouches! May have to give one a whirl. I'm Horrible at golf or any sport for that matter. Enjoy the time together.
    Blessings
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lesley they are adorable and such happy fabric. Those pleats are perfect, usually I stay away from them. The closest I get to golf, is the old bear and I had breakfast at our local golf course this after :O)
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lesley,
    Those little pouches are so cute,
    and they will come in handy. Have fun
    with the golf, I can only dig big holes
    trying to play golf!! lol.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you sooooo much for pulling my name out of the hat for the gift voucher. Thanks to both you and Lynn too for organising this QAL.

    I love your little pleated pouches and might have to give those a go I think.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Quilted pouches are beautiful and you make it look so easy. If I need an idea I know where to go.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations to the winners! Everyone's work is wonderful! Those pouches are just adorable - I love the pleats! Hope you had a good round of golf, Lesley!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck putting your sewing corner back together. Sometimes it is good to have a change because you find things long forgotten.
    Those little pouches are very sweet!
    Hope the golf went well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lesley I loved these bags when I first saw them and yours even more! I'm going to add a couple of these to my to-do list for Christmas presents. I used to have a big kitchen where I had room to sew a bit in it and I sure miss that in this tiny one I have now. :( blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your pouches are adorable. I love the fabric combinations. I'm too busy to join in the new hop too but I'll be interested to see what everyone else makes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!