Sunday, June 30, 2013

July Country Charmer QAL Update


Has it really been a month since the last Country Charmer QAL update? Sometimes these days just fly too fast! Last month I told you that I decided to change my sashings from this...



to this...



and I swore I would get my blocks sewn together. So I did. I sewed, and I sewed and I sewed and I finished on a sunny day. I hung the flimsy on the line...



and I hung it over the deck...



and then I took a closeup...



and I decided that I am so totally happy with the change.Yay me! Now what to do for the borders? I am looking in my stash at various blues and some shades of red. I may do a lot of auditioning of fabrics between now and the next update in August, but my self-imposed goal would be to have the borders added by then, or maybe one border by then? Stay tuned...

We want to see your progress or picture of your completed CC quilt, so please link up below. Don't have a blog? Send me the picture by email or post on Flickr HEREThe parade of finished quilts or flimsies will be posted here at the end of November, so don't lose that jpg of your quilt 'cause I'll be looking for your pictures!

Still in the dark about the Country Charmer QAL?  Find out more by clicking on the CCQAL page under my banner or by visiting the lovely Lynn, quilt designer and my CC mentor, who blogs at Sew'n Wild Oaks HERE. Her work is amazing and I haven't found anything quilt-related that she can't do! I love how she shares her designs on her blog. Right now she is working on a project with the prettiest little scarecrow you will see. Check it out HERE.

Another exciting event taking place in Blogland on July 1 is the parade of Vintage Schnibbles for the month of June hosted by Sinta at Pink Pincushion and Sherri at A Quilting Life. I blogged about my Schnibble HERE. Make sure you drop by...it is so much fun to see how the pattern is made and interpreted by quilters all over the world.

I'm keeping this post short because we celebrate Canada Day on July 1 and there is always lots to do in our town! 



It's a great day for quilting!


26 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful quilt top Lesly,I love the colours you have used.
    Enjoy Canada Day tomorrow.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Country Charmer flimsy is just beautiful... I love the fabrics you used! Happy Canada Day tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt top turned out really nice. Liked the change in the sashing colors. Can't wait to see the finished top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesley , you made the right choice , it looks absolutely gorgeous , well done ! ! You should be extra proud of this lovely quilt . Enjoy Canada day tomorrow .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is beautiful. Isn't it amazing how a change in sashing can totally change the look? Happy Canada Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lesley you've got yourself a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is totally wonderful! Yes, the changes you made were perfect! It looks so fresh now in the sunshine. Definitely great for Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Country Charmer is absolutely perfect in every way Lesley! I LOVE IT!! It's bright, it's cheerful, the change in the sashing fabric was the right move.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love it so much Lesley and kinda regret that I didn't join in... however never say never, they say, maybe one day I will have a Country Charmer quilt too :-) Your choice of sashing is great and I look forward to seeing what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job, my friend. There'a a lot of love that went into the making of your Country Charmer quilt. It's absolutely gorgeous and I just love your color and fabric selection.

    Enjoy the holiday today. Hope the rain holds off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Canada Day. What can I say about your quilt...hmmm? Stunning and gorgeous spring to mind. You are so clever Lesley :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh I just love your quilt! good for you getting the sewing done ! well worth all the effort
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh is that quilt stunning! I loooooooove it!
    Happy Canada day my friend! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So wonderful. Love it.
    Grit

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is gorgeous Lesley!!! You definitely made the right call on the change - brightens the quilt up and makes it sing :*)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Canada Day. My family on my Dad's side is from Canada. Your Country Charmer is just that; charming and beautifully made. Nice going.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Lesley! Your quilt is fantastic!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We have already been to breakfast in Town for Canada Day and will go out for the local parade when the grandkids come and then will take in the fireworks at dusk. Love the change you made for your Country Charmer but I also like your first choice too. I hope to get back at my Country Charmer and post some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's just stunning, Lesley! I can't wait to see your choice of borders! Happy Canada Day!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is a wonderful quilt Lesley as all the other comments have said. You will love it on your bed. I like the lighter colors too but then you are a smart lady and your work is beautiful, from your little hanging ones to this large one. I bet your hubby like it too! Be proud, you did an awesome job. Happy Canada Day to a special lady.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous quilt and Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your change - it gives the quilt such a summery feeling! Happy Canada Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh WOW!! Love this change! I really liked the first choice, but then when I saw this one I almost fell over! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really like your background change ! Perfect ! It makes the blocks pop now Love It ! I did not add a link to your blog because I finished my Country Charmer a few months ago. In fact my quilter is working on it this month. I will be sure to post my finished quilt all quilted and binding done .

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your country charmer.....Lynn's quilts are beautiful.....plus she is a very lovely lady.....

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm quite smitten with your Country Charmer. I don't know if I'd put borders on it, Lesley! It's gorgeous just the way it is!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!