Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Nova Scotian Blogger Quartet

Here we are...four Nova Scotian bloggers who met online sharing our love and passion for anything quilt related. Three of us travelled down the highways from different directions last Saturday to meet up with Sheila who was participating in her annual guild's Thistle Quilt Guild Show and Tea. We all snapped many pictures and with our white gloves, heartily examined a vast array of amazing quilts and quilted items. If you click on the ladies links, you will be taken to their blog posts they've written about the show and you'll be able to see lots and lots of quilty inspiration!  



Left to right, me (Lesley aka The Cuddle Quilter), Karen who blogs at KaHolly, Linda from Scrapmaster, and our gracious and charming host Sheila, who blogs at Sheila's Quilt World. We had such a wonderful day getting to know each other better and sharing tips of the trade as we sipped our tea and Pepsi (who, me?) in the tea room. There are some tentative plans for another trip down the road in the future...

I only took a few pictures because I assumed the other ladies would take lots and post them on their blogs and they did! Thank you, gals!  Here are my pics of just a few items that caught my eye that day, starting off with Sheila's cottages which she made from a free BOM last year hosted by Shabby Fabrics



"Ode to Joy" was an amazing quilt that also caught my eye....beautifully done!


I thought the following challenge was the niftiest idea.  Guild members were to purchase a gift bag and replicate it with fabric...these were so darn sweet!  Sheila's entry is the tote bag on the left with green and pink fabrics. I think her "real" tote is so much more gorgeous than the gift bag she purchased! 



This 3D Christmas tree was taught in a workshop that some of the guild members took...a ladder was filled with these wonderful trees that were embellished with buttons and bows and trim and whatever else you could imagine! 




Was Santa there? You bet, set up on a hand cranked sewing machine that Miss Sheila was salivating over. Sheila has a collection of machines in her sewing room and I know she would have loved to take this home with her, but alas, it was not for sale...


And did I see any other Santas?  Of course I did...at the vendor's station. I purchased this adorable pattern from Linda of Fiddlestitches Quilt Shop located in Mabou, NS. 


I may start to work on this during the monthly Christmas Quiltalong which is being co-hosted on the second weekend of every month from June -November by Joanna at Needle, Thread, Happiness and Hazel at Hazel's Quilts. For more info, click on the button on my sidebar. 



Back to the show...taking pictures of the gals with quilts as a backdrop is a win-win! Linda and Karen are in quilty heaven!


And Sheila and Linda couldn't keep their hands off these little treasures, wearing white gloves of course...

I was really impressed with Linda's bag that she had just finished making last week...totally awesome and big enough to fill with the treasures she bought and the doorprize she won...lucky her! 


Around the corner I spied a rack of tote bags that would be perfect for the summer beach days. The quilter used nylon screen in her totes...such a cool idea!



And what a giggle when we read this...


I guess I already did my exercise in my quilting chair this morning! The shadows on the following quilt caught my eye...what a great quilt to use with those yummy fabrics that you want to highlight!


And who could not love this little doll quilt Sheila made that is nestled in Sheila's little cradle! The quilt was a free pattern in a QAL hosted by Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts. I made this quilt too and it is being used as a table topper at my Mom's. 



Does it look like we had a great day?

Yesterday we set up the Artisans Collective shop at the Port Hastings Museum. Later this week I'll treat you to a show and tell. The shop is filled to the rafters with so many treasures and I had a field day with my camera. But for now, I'm off to my sewing corner with my Country Charmer blocks. 

It's a great day for quilting!

18 comments:

  1. How sweet that all of you could get together for this fun-filled day! I am sure you had a grand time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read the other lovely ladies' blogs too - what a delightful outing for you all. I knew you would find a Santa and pattern, just knew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that must been great to spend time together at a quilt show.
    thanks for the links and the lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lesley it looks like the most fantastic day!! It's lovely to see your photos from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great post! It's always such a pleasure to see friends enjoying themselves together :*) Nice to put faces to blog names too. And some pretty inspiring projects at the show - I love that mesh bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know where to begin with the compliments. It's so nice that you met online and now meet. Sheila's quilt and gift bag project are sweet, and I love that wonderful tree. I think the Santa runner is neat. I also saw the pics on the other sites and think it was a super show. You are a lovely Nova Scotian Blogger Quartet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lesley, what a delightful post! You filled in all the blanks and took a lot more pictures than you thought you did! They all came out lovely. I love being one of the Nova Scotian Blogger Quartet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sure does look like you had a great day. Wonderful quilts and other goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic day! I was drooling over that sewing machine:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love our new name! The NSBQ for short. It was a perfect day with perfect quilty friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many sweet projects in your post today. The little Santas look like something I'd enjoy making some day.
    I'm always impressed when I read about bloggers who get the chance to meet in person--what special days those are for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun day- to meet up with other bloggers, and to be surrounded by such lovely eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow....what fun!!! It was great to see all of the fun projects. I love the idea of making a replica of gift bags. They were done so well too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. isnt it awesome to meet your online friends in person!!!!! I can't wait to meet you my dear:):)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful day! That's a great idea to meet your blogging friends at a day like this. Plenty to see and do as well as have a good time together. Loved all the photos and will now check the others for their pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was indeed a grand day for the Quartet lol! Thanks for sharing these photos , I enjoyed seeing them again and thanks for coming :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a great time was had by the four blogging quiltskateers! Wish it were just a
    little bit closer and then I could have joined you.

    Thanks for sharing all the wonderful eye candy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!