Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fall Runners and Sew, Sew, Sew

It must be Fall! The nights are cooler, the days are shorter, and I pulled out a few of my Autumn runners...





Every day, morning, noon, and night, I have been sewing little pieces together for the sashings for the Blogger Girls Block of the Month quilt.You can see the picture of the quilt inspiration on my sidebar. 

The quilt was designed by Monique at Open Gate and offered as a six-month QAL last January. Fortunately I had saved the instructions on my iPad since I notice the instructions have been removed. Perhaps this quilt will be featured in a future book? 

Monique has some excellent books for sale. I bought a couple of books and some specialized rulers from her shop HERE. Of course I now have have several of her fat quarter quilts on my to-do list!


Sew, and sew, and sew...I have 62 units of this...

and this...

and this...


When I add them together with a unit of backing, I get a finished unit that will be sewn to the sides of the blocks. This picture shows the colour much better. (We have had lots of rain lately and it has been a chore to take a decent picture for the blog.)


I had a quick look to see what the sashing would look like surrounding one of the blocks, but it is a little confusing to see the floor peeking through! 


My goal for next week is to have all the blocks sewn together and then decide on the border fabric. Today I am working at the shop and in the quiet times hope to sew some more of these units together. I better get going or I will be late! 

It's a great day for quilting!

17 comments:

  1. It must really be cooling down for you if you are taking out the all runners. I also have to wonder which season it is here today after our huge thunder and hail storm.
    Your runners do look lovely with their gorgeous colours.
    The units you are stitching appear to be coming along nicely. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any fall runners, but I do have a fall quilt I need to pull out. Yours are lovely! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fall runners Lesley , I need some of your sewing energy . Wow you have been busy and your quilt will look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice table runners, I should make a few too. I will have to check out her books, I love her rulers
    thanks for sharing
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lesley, You have been a busy girl, I must get cracking on some more table runners, mine all floated away, well they didn't float they slowly sank down into the mud. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Fall runners! I'm all for the fall colors but NOT the weather and what follows it! That is going to be one fabulous quilt when you get to the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those beautiful fall runners make me realize I have a few tucked away that should probably see daylight now.
    I have always admired that BOM quilt on your sidebar, but, oh my, that sashing does appear labor intensive. Very striking when it is all put together. I admire your tenacity in getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so fun to see all the fall table runners and quilts popping up in blogland... yours are lovely. Lots of work going into the sashing for your blogger girl blocks... really looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful table runner for fall.
    Greetings Grit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both table runners are lovely,I really must make more myself.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so fallish seeing your runners....:) I can't believe fall is here!!! Yea! Your BOM is going to be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If anyone can make those units perfectly I trust it may be you. All those points! Love your autumn runners.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful table runners. I am finishing up one for myself right now, and one for my bestie's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your beautiful runners...funny you are cooling down and we are heating up. Beautiful b&w blocks as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fall has arrived her as well. This morning was dark and raining. I hope you have a few minutes at the shop to work on your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sashing is so intricate... really amazing! And I love seeing your fall quilts too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!