Sunday, October 27, 2013

2013 Bloggers Quilt Festival

It's the week of the 2013 Blogger's Quilt Festival! The biggest quilt show online!


Hosted by Amy at Amy's Creative Side, this annual festival gives us the opportunity to enter a quilt in a national quilt show without leaving the comfort of our home! Actually, I would love to leave the comfort of my home to attend the International Quilt Festival in Houston this week, but this is the next best thing for a quilter living in rural Nova Scotia!

So on to the show. There are several categories in the quilt festival. Each quilter is allowed to enter a maximum of two quilts in separate categories, writing a separate blog post about each entry. The schedule is as follows:

Blogger's Quilt Festival Schedule 
October 25 – 31 – Linky’s Open & Nominate for Viewer’s Choice
November 1 – 7 – Vote for favorites in each of the categories
November 8 – Winners announced

I looked through the pictures of the quilts that I have finished in the last year. The quilt that means the most to me, the one that I am most proud of, and the one that will tell a story 'happily ever after' is The Wedding Quilt.  I am entering this quilt in the Bed Quilt Category.


This is the quilt I made for our daughter and her new husband who were married in August. I wanted the quilt to be both contemporary and traditional. My daughter grew up surrounded by my quilts so she has developed a love and deep appreciation for them. My plan is for her new hubby to learn to love them too! 

The pattern is called "Tic Tac Toe" designed by It's So Emma. The instructions are for a 41" square quilt, much too small for a queen bed, so I doubled the size! You can read all about The Wedding Quilt and see many more pictures from the original post HERE. The Celtic Knot quilting pattern is amazing and well worth an extra look!

I encourage you to visit Amy's Creative Side to enjoy the festival. Pictures of the quilts will be posted between now and October 31, so it's worth a visit every day to see the new additions. When you visit Amy's site, just keep scrolling down and by clicking on each category, you will see the quilts that have been entered so far.  I love to be inspired. Do you?

It's a great day for quilting!

17 comments:

  1. It's so lovely Lesley. I know she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt! And what a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the color with this pattern - perfect marriage of soft with masculine for a wonderful wedding quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mix of bold graphics and soft tones. Great job! And I loved this line..."My plan is for her new hubby to learn to love them too!" : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made a beautiful quilt for the newly-weds! I am sure your son-in-law loves it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely quilt. I can see why you have selected it for the festival. It looks wonderful but also has a very special significance. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful quilt. Your subtle game plan for quilt appreciation sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous quilt - modern yet traditional, Wonderful! If that doesn't help foster a love and appreciation for quilts in your son-in-law, I don't know what would. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfect quilt for this quilt festival , it is stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty wedding quilt! I love the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful wedding quilt Lesley! Great pattern selection to please both DD and SIL! (And a good plan to win your SIL's appreciation for quilts!) Good luck in the show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great to be able to see the wedding quilt again! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I live in Nova Scotia as well! Would live to attend a quilt market one day! Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!