Thursday, October 31, 2013

Country Charmer is Quilted

Can you believe it? My Country Charmer quilt top has been quilted...all finished...all done...all awesome! My quilt is living in California right now, quietly resting at the home of Lovely Lynn, Country Charmer quilt designer, blogger of Sew'n Wild Oaks, and quintessential quilter. The quilting is absolutely breathtaking, but don't take my word for it. Have a look for yourself!




I just can't believe it is the same quilt top I mailed out to Lynn not that long ago. Lynn graciously offered to quilt my CC so I am a very lucky gal! I am even more thrilled because I received Lynn's email with these wonderful pictures just yesterday, on the eve of our November Country Charmer QAL update. What perfect timing! 


Lynn has written a great post about my CC preview HERE  and has shown a few pics. But, like the sweetie she is, she sent me the pics first so I could post my CC reveal here. Of course, she also hinted that the quilt may stay in California and not make its way to me here in Nova Scotia. Gulp...


As for the quilting, I did say "No pressure, Lynn", " Take your time, Lynn", "No hurry, Lynn", honest, I did! But lookeee here...she just quilted and quilted and quilted...




My Country Charmer looks very much at home in Lynn's house. 



In fact, it looks downright welcoming in her guest room...



Can you see the detail in the quilting? It actually hides all my mis-matched seams and cut-off tips. Those feathers are exquisite and that cross-hatching is the perfect frame for each block. As for that teeny, tiny stippling around each star, unbelievable! 



I can't wait to actually touch the quilt and to feel those stitches bringing the quilt to life. I love what I see on the front of the quilt, but what a bonus it was for me to see the back. This is quilt art!


Thank you, Lynn, from the bottom of my heart. You have taken my quilt to a new level with your fabulous quilting. I'm really looking forward to seeing it in person and to attaching the binding and label to finish it off. 

Thank you, Quilt Sue, for designing our CC button. It is so neat to see that button pop up on my dashboard. It was especially exciting to read about Quilt Sue's visit to Lovely Lynn's last month. The world becomes pretty tiny at times!

Thanks to all who joined in for the Country Charmer Quilt Along. It has been a magnificent ride from the start to the finish. We've seen some glorious quilts evolve since we started in January. Many of you have finished your quilts and shared them with us, while some of you may still be in the midst of putting those beauties together. I'll keep the Flickr page active HERE, so please add your finished quilt to the page at any time. Gail, this means you...giggle...

If you have blogged about your CC quilt or its progress, please link up below. I never tire of seeing the quilts people make with Lynn's CC pattern and I have a feeling you agree with me too! 

I had originally set November 30 as the final post and parade of quilts, but I'm not sure we need another update. It seems as if we've been parading our quilty progress since day one with Mr. Linky and Flickr. If you need a little more time, though, and would like to add your progress, just send me an email and I can schedule accordingly. 

Update: Yay, we have some interest for a November 30 parade and finale for the Country Charmer QAL!  I have it by good authority that there are some Country Charmer elves working diligently on their quilts in anticipation for the November 30 deadline. We'll see you back here on November 30 and just maybe we'll have some giveaways, just saying... 

It's a great day for quilting!



39 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous! I think Lynn is right though - that red/white/blue needs to stay in the states and you come to visit it. LOL!! I have mine home from being 'frosted' and half way done with the binding. Need to get that special label made though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, gorgeous, breathtaking, awesome...well you get the idea!! Love it!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. It truly is beautiful! Love all the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just incredible Lesley , Lynn did an amazing job of quilting your beautiful quilt , such detail , what a treasure , you must be thrilled :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhhh WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your quilt is STUNNING!! Lynn put the icing on your super moist and delicious cake!! Now that's what I can team work!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!!! That is one gorgeous quilt you've got there girlfriend!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! The quilting really adds to your already beautiful top and makes it a standout. I know you must be very proud of such a wonderful result :*)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We make a good team Lesley! Do I get visitation rights? ~~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lesley, it is absolutely gorgeous! I hope it comes home soon! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! How lovely! If Lynn does not send it back, maybe you need to make a trip to Sunny California during the long cold winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt, Lesley, is breathtakingly beautiful! I do hope you get to hug this quilt soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just lovely! What a great finish for the Country Charmer endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just stunning! both the quilt and the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful quilt, looks GORGEOUS!
    Be in touch very soon.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful quilt, looks GORGEOUS!
    Be in touch very soon.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. The top has really grabbed my attention as you have been putting it together. Now the quilting has taken it up a few notches, if that is possible. You should be so proud!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. She really raises the bar, doesn't she? It's absolutely beautiful, Lesley. Looking at it now, all finished, can you believe you made such a gorgeous quilt? I might have to have the Ranger bring me over so I can see, feel, and touch it in person before I go!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. well now, I do need to point out that red, white and blue are the colours of our flag here in the UK too, and that would look superb in my spare room, so maybe it should come visit me too?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your quilt is simply gorgeous!! Hard to imagine how the quilting could make it any more breath taking, but it did. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! It is really gorgeous and the quilting just made it more so. Enjoy it for a long, long time as I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! I am in love!! What an awesome, awesome quilt. You must be just over the moon. Just breathtaking, seriously. I gasped!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's so pretty and the quilting is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow... it's gorgeous! You must be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm one of the lucky few who got to see your top in person...prior to quilting though! It's gorgeous and so cool that Lynn has quilted it for you...I must say you've earned it though!
    So now, what are we all going to do next with all our Country Charmers coming to a finish? (although I'm not quite there yet...)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your quilt is just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Lesley it is gorgeous Lynn did a fantastic job on your quilt. I saw her photos yesterday. I hope when it comes home to you you will show us more.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your quilt it AMAZING !!!!! Lynn did a wonderful job quilting this for you , how sweet of her

    November 30 parade and finale for the Country Charmer QAL !!!!! I'm in ! Looking forward to seeing everyones Country Charmer

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing! Gorgeous Lesley! Just perfect for your bed. Your beautifully sewn and designed quilt is breathtaking. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow,! Your beautiful quilt is just wonderful - Lynn's quilting fits it perfectly . It must feel like Christmas waiting for it to come home to you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your Country Charmer quilt is just stunning, Lesley! Yes, you and Lynn do make a great team! I'm so glad I got to see your beautiful quilt "in person" and to watch the master hard at work doing her gorgeous machine quilting! You have inspired me to get back to work on mine very soon and now I have a 30 day extension!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your quilt is so beautiful. The quilting has added another amazing dimension to an already stunning quilt. There is so much wonderful detail in the quilting that it is hard to take your eyes off it. How exciting to receive these photos so that you can see how it looks. Have you decided where it is going to live when it comes home?

    ReplyDelete
  31. It is certainly a "charmer." The quilting just makes you want to touch it. Is that what we do with cut off points - send them to Lynn so she can quilt them into oblivion? I have plenty of those.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, stunning, awesome, fantastic, a work of art...there are no words to describe your Country Charmer quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fantastic Lesley, I am so pleased for you, it is such a beautiful quilt - both before and after Lynn's work!! I so wish I had joined in the sewalong but know I wouldn't have kept up.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy your trip tp Digby today... can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lesley, your Country Charmer Quilt is just stunning!! Lynn did an amazing job on the quilting! I have to say this one is on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh, my! That is absolutely gorgeous...lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!