Thursday, September 4, 2014

Sea Glass Has a New Home

There is nothing better than gifting a quilt to someone who will hold it dear to their heart, the same way making the quilt was dear to me. "Sea Glass" is such a quilt. It started off as a "Sea of Squares" QAL project hosted by Christa at Christa Quilts.  You can read all about the making of the quilt, the fabulous fabric included in the kit, and the free QAL HERE.

If you read carefully, you will see that I originally said I would quilt it myself. Christa offers wonderful tutorials on her blog that make machine quilting look so easy that I think even I could attain some pretty good results. But summer came along, life got busy, and I wanted this to be a perfect quilt for my sister, so I sent it along to Ange at Quilting on the Mira to do her magic. And magic she did...

"Sea Glass" has a new home with one of my beach-loving sisters, a long-time collector of sea glass, who was gracious enough to hang the quilt on her clothesline and take a few pictures. And you know how much I love seeing my quilts hang on a clothesline!


I think the quilting pattern is fabulous. Ange knew this quilt needed the perfect pattern, and look....sea shells and more.  I see scallop shells, snails, star fish, sea grass. I think I can even smell the ocean!








I like the way the quilting pops out on both the front and the back. I had a gorgeous piece of fabric I wanted to incorporate into the backing and am so happy with the result. The solid shows off the quilting so well, and the printed side adds so much texture. A win-win for this little quilt. 


"Sea Glass", enjoy your new home...

It's a great day for quilting.

32 comments:

  1. How pretty - yes, your quilts must be photo'd on a clothes line - and no wind? The quilting motif is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Soo pretty! I have a sister who'd love this too. And your right, the quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really beautiful. I love the colors and the quilting is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful. And you sister used blue clothespins! Everything about it looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your new quilt has found the perfect home!! It is gorgeous and so is the quilting!! Another perfect match!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice quilt. My girlfriend came home from a wedding out there and they just happened to be driving by a church with a quilt out front, so they pulled in and saw a church full of quilts. As she was showing me her photos, I told her that some of those were Leslie's quilts! Too funny and what a small world. We live in Saskatchewan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful results, Lesley! I love the name for this quilt, and the quilting is a perfect finishing touch to tie the whole thing together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks wonderful, your sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! both the quilt and the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilt. Apt name and such wonderful quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful finish! Love the fabrcs you used!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful quilt for your beach loving sister , love the quilting , wow just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a wonderful quilt. So perfect together the pattern, the fabrics and the quilting.
    Greetings Grit

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh it is beautiful Lesley and so great that it has found the perfect new home. The quilting is just the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Makes me want to go to the beach. Beautiful and the perfect kwilting motif.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Quilting suits the quilt to a T. Great jo both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That quilting pattern IS perfect! Love the gift it has become....I'm sure your sister will treasure it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a beauty! THe colors are so peaceful and tranquil, and the quilting is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The blues make this quilt so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful quilt. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the colors. They indeed look like some of the sea glass I've seen. I'm sure that your sister will treasure it for years to come. Perfect quilting pattern as well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The colors really capture the feel of the ocean and the quilting is perfect. It's the perfect gift for someone who loves the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful quilt Lesley and the quilting is perfect for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The quilting is just perfect for this beautiful quilt! I'm sure your sister was delighted with your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It looks so lovely hanging there! It is good to know it is going to a good home and being by the sea is a bonus. The quilting is perfect for you gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh it is so, so pretty. I really love the colors and yes the quilting designs are just perfect. I'm sure she will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lucky sister!! Love the colors of sea glass and the quilting is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your sisters must be thrilled, Lesley! What a bright, fresh and pretty quilt!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sea glass is a GORGEOUS quilt & How I love the quilting!

    Do you know the name of this quilting design ??

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous quilt and LoVe the quilting. Refreshing cool colors, just like sea glass! Lucky sister!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lesley, your Sea Glass turned out so gorgeous! And the quilting is absolutely perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is just beautiful and the quilting looks perfect on it! I love all the blues!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!